• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    My previous employer lost a significant contract with Cummins, and had to let me go. I'm looking for a CAD Design job, mechanical preferred. I'm on all the job search sites, but no luck so far. I'm willing to travel for the right job. If you know of anything or hear of anything. I would appreciate a heads up. I have experience with Creo 2.0, SolidWorks, Autodesk Inventor, AutoCAD Mechanical, and Raster Design.

Thanks

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    My previous employer lost a significant contract with Cummins, and had to let me go. I'm looking for a CAD Design job, mechanical preferred. I'm on all the job search sites, but no luck so far. I'm willing to travel for the right job. If you know of anything or hear of anything. I would appreciate a heads up. I have experience with Creo 2.0, SolidWorks, Autodesk Inventor, AutoCAD Mechanical, and Raster Design.

Thanks

It's not immediate... But keep your eyes out / Google up the new GE Aviation division that's being constructed on the south edge of Lafayette. There's also Subaru up there, but they do all of their hiring through a temp agency (at least for non-management type jobs) I don't know what the temp agency is.

Work

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    Lafayette
    It's not immediate... But keep your eyes out / Google up the new GE Aviation division that's being constructed on the south edge of Lafayette. There's also Subaru up there, but they do all of their hiring through a temp agency (at least for non-management type jobs) I don't know what the temp agency is.

Subaru holds very few CAD workers on site. mostly in facilities. They contacted me a couple years ago when i was looking for work to do some training for their crew to learn Solidworks.

Look for smaller machine shops and job shops around your area. the small places usually are running on minimal staff, and could use a good designer to compliment their engineers. Sorry I cant be of much more help, I'm up in Lafayette and dont know the layout or job conditions in Columbus.

Another place to look is Craigslist. there's a jobs section on the right side. Usually ads for job fairs and stuff like that, but I've gotten interviews and offers from job fairs before, so if you're in need, dont avoid them.

Top Bottom