IN bill will make filming farms illegal.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Would not the person be asked to leave first, assuming it was not B&E? And if they are filming and you ask them to leave and they do, they still have film with intent to defame. That wouldn't be illegal currently. Same as if you never noticed them filming.

Farms do have disgruntled workers and some even have visitors that could film without actually trespassing.

Unless they tell you, how would you know what their intent was?

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    P.S. Thats why I don't eat lobster, because they are the only animal that is alive when you kill it.
    I know this is purple, but why did no one else catch this? Only animal that's alive when you kill it? Unless life and death suddenly began working very differently from the way I've known them to, isn't everything alive until you kill it or it's alive until it dies of its own accord? If you killed it, and it wasn't formerly alive, then you didn't kill it. Perhaps FoW meant alive when you cook it.

I see this as just another big industry using MAFIAA's (MPAA/RIAA) playbook to try to extend the life of a non-viable business model. If your only way to produce pork for human consumption is through cruel and inhumane methods that the general public would be appalled by if they knew it, the solution is not to go after those who are bringing those facts to light. The solution is to find another way to raise pork for human consumption that's not cruel and inhumane, or to stop making the raising of pork for human consumption your business.

This bill deserves to leave skid marks on the bowl.

ocsdor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Lafayette, IN
    I am going to let you in on a little secret, "Big AG" is not the problem, blame the American consumer. Cheap food and mass quantity is what was demanded and the AG industry has produced....

:koolaid:

I guess the American consumer doesn't want video of their food being raised nor knowledge of what is being put in the food. It's a big cirlcle of lies in which Big Ag, the gov't they control, and the media they share-own are all a part of.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    I know this is purple, but why did no one else catch this? Only animal that's alive when you kill it? Unless life and death suddenly began working very differently from the way I've known them to, isn't everything alive until you kill it or it's alive until it dies of its own accord? If you killed it, and it wasn't formerly alive, then you didn't kill it. Perhaps FoW meant alive when you cook it.

I see this as just another big industry using MAFIAA's (MPAA/RIAA) playbook to try to extend the life of a non-viable business model. If your only way to produce pork for human consumption is through cruel and inhumane methods that the general public would be appalled by if they knew it, the solution is not to go after those who are bringing those facts to light. The solution is to find another way to raise pork for human consumption that's not cruel and inhumane, or to stop making the raising of pork for human consumption your business.

This bill deserves to leave skid marks on the bowl.
    Mmmm...his purple quote is fairly infamous meme.

snooki-lobsta.jpg

wagyu52

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    South of cob corner
    :koolaid:

I guess the American consumer doesn't want video of their food being raised nor knowledge of what is being put in the food. It's a big cirlcle of lies in which Big Ag, the gov't they control, and the media they share-own are all a part of.

:tinfoil: Wow, You got like 2 or 3 conspiracy theories going on there. By all means video my cows, of course in return I can come to your house and video your private property. That being said it is a stupid, redundant law.
    Most consumers are oblivious to how food gets to their plate and really don't want to know. People that buy my beef are informed and welcome any time, other people need to respect my private property.

Harleyrider_50

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    So. Indiana
    I'm no PETA fan but from the videos I have seen the filming and reporting is sometimes necessary. I am a hard line meat eater but there is NO REASON to mistreat the animals or make their end of life any more difficult or painful than is necessary.

:yesway:........
    Agree , absolutely.......I've seen some pretty twizt'd,disgusting s**t on film/video that ain't got NO PLACE or X'CUSE for any of it.....:xmad:......The Conklin dairy farm up in.....?......Ohio(I think.....) comes to mind......they've taken the vid(s) down, I believe......no x'cuse to treat ANY LIVING THING like that......not at all.....:xmad:

I'm tell'n ya......after see'n/watch'n THAT.......could've shoved them dudes in a tree shredder......and felt good 'bout it.....:cool:

Top Bottom