IN bill will make filming farms illegal.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2012
    01001111 01001000
    As the article stated, there are already legal processes in place to fight damaging reports if they are misleading. I agree with you, this is ridiculous and shouldn't have seen the light of day in any committee.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Looks like the farm lobby and big pig/ADM spread a bit of lard around to someone and got a bill introduced to protect them from exposes' of their factory farms. Can't let people see how food is really manufactured at a certain level. Protection rackets are alive and well in Indiana.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    I've got a great movie of corn growing, will sell for $2000 or highest bidder - it's called Assault Corn. Get your copy now before its banned!! :D

CountryBoy1981

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    In my opinion peta rates close to westboro baptist church

PETA is worse than Westboro; Westboro only does idiotic protests while PETA will commit terroristic acts against Americans.

Watch this (explicit language warning):

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inFtOMx8nDU[/ame]

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    In my opinion peta rates close to westboro baptist church

Agreed, but even those scumbags should be able to record what anyone could legally see with their own eyes.

The bizarre thing is that the videos I see explaining how large numbers of hogs were raised at the state fair were enough to turn me sour to the concept. When your own advert makes me want to raise my own bacon, what are you trying to hide?

Llamaguy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    Arkadelphia, AR
    I read the article as preventing people from trying to "embarrass, annoy or harm the business." This is very much a PETA, super-hippie problem. HOWEVER it does not however stop people from filming legitimate crimes and violations and reporting them to the police. The article claims that the pig kicking incident wouldn't come to light and I call Bull**** as the whistle-blower should have just gone to the police with the evidence.

futureofwar

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 27, 2011
    Bunker Hill
    Not only is it ILLEGAL to videotape police in Indiana now the politicians want to make it illegal to videotape on farms. I'm sure if video was as easy as it is now to do that Hitler would have made it illegal at his concentration camps.

For the anti PETA folks.
    Lets face it farming isn't what it once was animals and the land get no respect. PETA has its place, we are the stewards of this world and can eat animals without torturing them or giving them a concentration camp style life. I do believe the whole lets not eat animals thing is hogwash, but just because somethng is food doesn't mean it should suffer needlessly.

P.S. Thats why I don't eat lobster, because they are the only animal that is alive when you kill it.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    PETA is worse than Westboro; Westboro only does idiotic protests while PETA will commit terroristic acts against Americans.

Watch this (explicit language warning):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inFtOMx8nDU

Ha, I LOVED that show, somehow I missed that episode. I watched it and am embarrassed to say that I did not know that about PETA (not that I was a supporter). Learned something new.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Just what the Indiana Code needs another vague, unenforceable statute which very well may offend the First Amendment.

I fail to see how civil defamation cannot address the concerns of the bill's author.

Top Bottom