• ...and so much more!
  • warren5421

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 23, 2010
    Plainfield
    I am thinking of buying a Mossberg in Canada and importing into Indy. Anyone know how to do this or where to find the info. Internet search isn't helpful.

92FSTech

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 24, 2020
    North Central
    What kind of Mossberg are you looking that that you can't get here? Not bashing Mossberg....they make good functional stuff, but it's pretty utilitarian. I can't imagine anything they make being worth the hastle and expense of an international import...especially if you can buy it right here in Indiana for a reasonable price. I was in the LGS the other day and he had quite a few on the shelf, both shotguns and rifles.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    What kind of Mossberg are you looking that that you can't get here? Not bashing Mossberg....they make good functional stuff, but it's pretty utilitarian. I can't imagine anything they make being worth the hastle and expense of an international import...especially if you can buy it right here in Indiana for a reasonable price. I was in the LGS the other day and he had quite a few on the shelf, both shotguns and rifles.
    They make some nice OUs too.

autogun

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 30, 2016
    NWI
    Look on the ATF site. I think it is a Form 6. I've done it; it's a pain in the butt. Simplest way is to find an FFL who will do it as an occasional import. Or at least that was possible in the past.

warren5421

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 23, 2010
    Plainfield
    I found the three I want and they are $50-$200 under MSRP. Don't know about availability, found several in 14 1/2" barrel which is easy to get in CANADA, no extra paper work.

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    Meh just drive up and get it and drive or back. Save a lot of time and you get a road trip out of it.

seldon14

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    I found the three I want and they are $50-$200 under MSRP. Don't know about availability, found several in 14 1/2" barrel which is easy to get in CANADA, no extra paper work.
    You will eat up that savings and probably then some, importing them.

You will still have to wait for your tax stamp. You will still have all the paperwork and wait associated with an sbr or sbs, as well as the wait, expense, and extra paper work associated with importing them.

Last edited:

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    People from USA can't go into Canada unless the border has just been opened. So have to ship.
    Nope. Essential travel only. And Ontario is on a serious lockdown. Cops now have the right to stop you to ask what you are doing out and why you are not quarantined at home.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Still gonna cost you a lot more in time energy and funds before its over. Plus the stamp for the 14 1/2" offering.
    There Mossberg's man. Nothing special for all that effort.

Last edited:

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    Nope. Essential travel only. And Ontario is on a serious lockdown. Cops now have the right to stop you to ask what you are doing out and why you are not quarantined at home.
    Shameful. Why do they out up with that ****.

Canada: leading the world in being just north of the United States.

kaveman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 13, 2014
    La Porte
    It'll cost you every bit of a grand to import three guns from Canada(and NFA aren't importable for non-SOT btw). I've brought in a dozen or so using Leroy's Big Valley out of Montana, but it's been 20yrs ago I'll bet. I imported rifles and a couple of handguns and even though you got a break for quantities it didn't make any sense to try to import anything that wasn't valued at nearly a grand at the time, and only if it was something completely unobtainable in the US.

Company: LEROY'S BIG VALLEY GUN WORKS
    State: Montana
    Zip: 59230
    Phone: 406-228-4867
    Fax: 406-228-4867

The exceptions are legal antiques. I directly imported a bunch of old British hammer shotguns that could be purchased cheap in Canada at the time and they shipped directly to me. No import duty, no taxes. Just pay for the gun and have it shipped. They all were declared as antique muskets and skated across with no problems. John C Denner was my source but they're pretty well gone now too.

For current production cheap guns like Mossbergs,.....forget it.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Not Legal Advice:

I'd have a Canadian coming down here for a shooting competition bring it with him then drop it off at my house.

Top Bottom