• ...and so much more!
  • cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I wouldn’t go any smaller than a P365 for EDC. Get a good carry system like the PHLster Enigma or Enigma Express and you won’t need to dress around the pistol so much.

If you don’t buy a pistol that’s comfortable enough to shoot to get some rounds in at the range with, or better yet, attend training classes with, you might as well be carrying a paperweight.

Welcome to INGO, lots of good folks here will give you lots of different opinions, but most of them them know what they are talking about, and give good advice.

OurDee

nobody
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 16, 2017
    Camby
    Hello everyone,

I am a new member, that actually decided to join because someone is selling a Keltec P32 in the forums and I am interested. However, I didn't understand that I must post some before I can respond to classifieds, so here I am, lol. Anyway, I am someone that simply will invent reasons not to carry a gun on me if it is a pain, as I don't want it to print or pull on my clothing too much (weight). I see a lot of gun reviews about mouse guns, then come to find out that the gun is 11.5oz or more. It seems like these guns, while small in size, would feel like a small brick in your pocket, but yet the reviewers are calling them underwear guns. Due to this reasoning, I don't understand why the Keltec P32 doesn't get more love, the gun only weighs something like 6.5oz empty compared to the Ruger LCP II 22lr which weighs 11.2 oz. I mean that is damn near double the weight; I don't see how that would really work if I had on athletic shorts without some kind of additional belt.

I have never concealed carried before, am I making too much of a fuss about the weight?
    I use a Smart Carry "The Invisible Holster" when printing is a concern and I need deep concealment. I am wearing it on the outside for modesty's sake. It is worn between the panties and pants. That is 2 rounds of 10mm there in the pic.

Attachments

• smartcarry.jpg
      smartcarry.jpg
      354.1 KB · Views: 27
    Last edited:

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    I use a Smart Carry "The Invisible Holster" when printing is a concern and I need deep colcealment. I am wearing it on the outside for modesty's sake. It is worn between the panties and pants. That is 2 rounds of 10mm there in the pic.
    Thank you for the modesty.

Panties?
    C’mon, this isn’t a truck stop.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    Mmmm I dunno, remember our friend Roger?
    He’s dang good with that 43 when everyone else is going full size.
    I was thinking about people that show up with P32,little Rugers, and such. At basic classes not our big boy classes.

Yeah a sheild or G43 and similar quality pistols are the smallest I carry.

Do you still have that "famous" FN?

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    At 2 posts per day, you should be at the required 50 by early December. but the 2 are, at least, "quality" posts.

Welcome, say some more. We are happy you are here!

Dholcomb

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 14, 2022
    Indiana
    As a past p32 owner, I highly recommend against purchasing and definitely wouldn’t trust it to carry if you did buy. One of the most unreliable guns I’ve ever owned. If you think you’d like a p32, my guess is you’d like a glock 43. Get a high riding owb. Wont know it’s there and still conceals under a t shirt easily.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    I was thinking about people that show up with P32,little Rugers, and such. At basic classes not our big boy classes.

Yeah a sheild or G43 and similar quality pistols are the smallest I carry.

Do you still have that "famous" FN?
    Haha no but I know exactly where it is, I traded it to our aforementioned friend for a very special CZ. He saw that I was indoctrinated into that cult over there and thought I should have it.
    He also had a g***k (aforementioned cult rules prevent me from ever actually spelling it out) 17 that was one of Larry Vickers very first red dot guns, (I believe he helped develop it?) that I traded something to him for.
    Full circle since Larry Vickers was the one that made that FN “famous”.

Too bad the OP has stopped reading along, what a wealth of knowledge he’s missing.

IMG_6867.jpeg

ETA since this is about carry guns, I'll add that I actually made an IWB kydex/leather holster for that FNX 45 Tactical. 19 rounds of 45 in a full size dot gun?
    I found my line too far.

Last edited:

HCALREF

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2017
    Hendricks County
    Several comments on P32. I have owned a P32 for 15 maybe 20 years. Several years ago I traded a Spyderco knife for several boxes of 32 auto ammo. Shot all of it, 100s of rounds, and gun function 100% perfect every round. I believe most of it was full metal jacket. I dont remember much of it being hollow point or self defense type ammo.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

Bassat

I shoot Canon, too!
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 30, 2022
    Osceola, Indiana 46561
    I feel like a voice in the darkness. I've had a Keltec P32 for more than 20 years, and it has over 1,000 rounds through it with no issues. I do my part, the gun does its part. Plain and simple. I don't carry it every day, but I do carry it frequently. It is NOT a gun to learn to shoot on. The felt recoil out of hot loads in a 6oz gun is a chore to control. As mentioned above, it fires a weenie round: 32ACP. When it comes to protecting your A$$, it is not the best, but I can't carry an IMI .50AE in my gym shorts. The first thing you will NEED to do with this gun is PRACTICE; you need to be familiar with the way it jumps and bucks when you pull the trigger. Shot placement is critical with this round. I have no problems hitting 6" circle at 7 yards, repeatedly. Beyond that forget it. The gun is too small and the sights are worthless for anything more. Ammuntion selection is critical with this gun. After shot placement, penetration is imperative. I've never found a .32ACP round hotter (and readily available) than the Fiocchi 73gr FMJ. In most gel tests it penetrates about 16", which is more than adequate. Forget hollow points and flat nose ammo, neither will give you good penetration in this caliber. Forget expansion. 32ACP, if it expands, will not penetrate deeply enough to do any more than **** off an aggressor. Someone above mentioned rim-lock. In over 1,000 rounds through this gun with 4 different magazines, I've never encountered that.

When I can't carry anything else, I totally and completely trust my Keltec .32ACP and Fiocchi 73gr FMJ ammo. I know its quirks and limitations; it is a hard to control, weenie gun that is most useful at GTFOM distances. That said, don't buy one unless you are willing to dedicate some significant time and money to learning this gun and its behavior. You'll be miles ahead of the game if you put your money in something more substantial, and effective, and easier to shoot.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    The firearm I carry the most in warm weather weights 18.2 oz with 5 hollow points in it. 22.4 ounces with the leather holster. I consider that very comfortable. It easily rides my hip all day, every day. I just do not tuck my shirt tail in. ( I have trained with a carried this type of firearm for about 45 years and yes, I can hit with it. )

My full sized pistols average 40.5 ounces with a full magazine. They will ride ok all day with a proper belt and good holster but I am always glad to take it off when I get home. They require a coat to conceal carry.

When I was 50 pounds heavier, it was easier to conceal middle size and full sized pistols.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom