• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Wow...big balls for sure. Wonder if it was a gang initiation, or just some teens taking a prank too far. Kinda hard to tell from the picture, but almost looks like the gas cap was opened and a rag stuffed in it and lit based on the burn pattern on the car. Lucky it didn't blow.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    You know, I should be shocked. But I'm not. Having had a vehicle fire, I know it can be serious, but relative to so many of the other bad things people seem capable of lately, this hardly registers on the meter.

Certainly didn't start in the engine bay. Vehicles look a lot different when it starts there.

P1020002.jpg

P1000999.jpg

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    ...or to burn any car. For what? I cannot come up with the words for how disgusting this is. Especially for it being this particular officer. He epitomizes "good cop" and is well respected in his patrol zone.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    And to have it happen at home. My hope is that it's an act against IMPD/police in general and not a warning/statement against this particular officer.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    As VUPD mentioned, I know this officer and I'd be pretty surprised to find out this was personal. That doesn't make him feel any better about his personal belongings that were destroyed nor will it help his family to feel safe in their home. This was the act of a powerless coward and I sincerely hope it isn't repeated. The good officers in this city have tolerated a great deal of undeserved treatment and accusations in recent years. This type of thing is personal, whether it was intended to be or not. If behavior like this becomes common place I fear we will see a very different police agency in this city and there will be no winners if that takes place.

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'd think the list is named suspects would be relatively short, just the skels he's put behind bars. One would have to be chronicly stupid to track down the specific cop that you think screwed you and get revenge in this fashion.

On the other hand, as has been kited, it could just be a random prank/gang initiation type thing with absolutely no personal connection to the officer whatsoever. I have to ask, is there any IMPD regs on keeping take-homes in the garage, and if not, will there be shortly?

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    That officer is my shift partner. That his car got smoked in his driveway is utterly reprehensible.

I was wondering if it might have been an INGO members car or someone they knew. Glad your partner is ok and the family copes and adjust to the incident. My best friend in HS was on the Delaware County Sheriffs Dept. He had some low life throw a cocktail bomb at is house. It broke the storm window and burnt the siding but thank God that it didn't bust the interior window and enter the house.

His wife never could get over it and he ended up leaving the department. His father was bombed with dynamite under the hood of his car at the small police station across from McCulloch Park when my friend was a small child. That probably made it even worse for my friends wife.

I'm praying for your partner and his family.

jsx1043

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    Bad guy was caught early this morning by IMPD and US Marshals. He lived a couple doors down from the officer and was (gasp) on electronic monitoring for armed robbery. My intel did not specify if it was personal or not.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Good gosh, did his device show his GPS position in the officer's driveway at the time of the incident? Glad they got him. Maybe it's time to blame himself for his position in life instead of the police.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Bad guy was caught early this morning by IMPD and US Marshals. He lived a couple doors down from the officer and was (gasp) on electronic monitoring for armed robbery. My intel did not specify if it was personal or not.

"electronic monitoring for armed robbery"
    Hmm, possibly part of the problem? :dunno:

Top Bottom