• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hps

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    THIS thread is pointless!! MINDLESS riddles and jabs, banter between a select few that means NOTHING. Don't chime in with the mentioned and actually stay on the topic of this thread and get the THIS STOPS NOW comment. WEAK!!
    There ya go! now you all have something MEANINGFUL to do. (Musky fishing for the next few days, hoping for a 50" toothy critter).

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Pass me some of that, DD

We're gonna need a lot.

iu

Nathanaf8388

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2020
    Montezuma
    You as a very new member where I need to post so people can judge my character (which I’m ok with) this thread sure has taught me alot about this forum that I would’ve had to been around for awhile or read a lot of threads to figure out. Because as much as someone would use my post to judge the caliber of person I am I am constantly doing the same for the group as a whole. A lot easier to figure out a forum when a post like this comes up so to the person who initiated this thread and the further off topic ramblings thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    You as a very new member where I need to post so people can judge my character (which I’m ok with) this thread sure has taught me alot about this forum that I would’ve had to been around for awhile or read a lot of threads to figure out. Because as much as someone would use my post to judge the caliber of person I am I am constantly doing the same for the group as a whole. A lot easier to figure out a forum when a post like this comes up so to the person who initiated this thread and the further off topic ramblings thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just passed through Montezuma for the first time in my life last weekend. Really lovely place. Has a really cool old-school Indiana small-town vibe.

Anyhoo.

The original topic of this thread touched a collective INGO nerve in a way few others could. Many of us know one of the officers involved very well. The topic itself is sticky enough that some of us feel pretty defensive about it, and (for some of us) our first inclination is to circle the wagons.

The trip down memory lane has been bittersweet for me. I was a big part of the old INGO...some around here would probably say I'm one of the reasons the old INGO had the problems it did. There is probably some merit to that position.

INGO used to be the wild west. We had many more active users every day than we do today. Many more diverse opinions and...uh...characters were active on the forum then. Cliques formed. Cliques clashed. Feelings got hurt. The staff got so tired of dealing with the constant fighting that literally no one wanted to deal with GenPol or the Break Room. Out of fatigue, desperation...IDK, whatever, we started purging the troublemakers. We didn't think of it that way at the time, but in hindsight it certainly appears that way now.

A few really good users got swept up in the commotion...so did a few really good staff members. Bans were issued. Staff members were bombarded with accusations of inconsistent moderation (largely true), and of malicious intent (absolutely false, in every case).

When it all blew over all the smaller, louder, and (quite frankly) more interesting cliques got banned into submission and INGO pretty quickly solidified around the group of real-life friends that post here every day. That's the new INGO. It's a kinder, gentler, more mainstream INGO.

INGO is largely a better place to post now...but in all honesty, a big part of that was the purge...as much as we all hate to admit it.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Not to start anything, but.
    What I remember from the old days was there was a couple of cliques headed up by different mods. If you said anything against the clique / mod then you were bullied. Then when you stood up for yourself it was a dogpile led by the mod staff until you were banned.

I remember this, there was also a particular clique/group that always got together and shot on someones property but I can't remember who that was now.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    I remember this, there was also a particular clique/group that always got together and shot on someones property but I can't remember who that was now.

I assume you are speaking of lmw and his gaggle of friends. I never went out there, but the pictures made it out to be a beautiful property with lots of different ways to shoot.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GlockFrenzy
    Top Bottom