• ...and so much more!
  • printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    No live feeds in any major city I search... Please let this weekend be the end of this nonsense.

QFT

This is just stooopid.
    BLM makes more sense however misguided their opinions are.
    This is like protesting the sunrise or a drink with bill cosby.... it's going to happen.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Public%20Photo_zpseivolubb.jpg

We had a few people ask to take our picture. Most folks got the humor. I even got a few "I can respect that" comments from people who weren't sure if I was serious or not.

I did talk to the counter-protest. It was one lady and her kids. I think abortion must be her issue, as her sign said something about Trump is love because his policies would save lives. She had a bunch of tiny writing around the edges, "d...s out for Harambe" was the only one I read. I find that funny, but have no idea what it's about. I mean, I know the Harambe story, I just don't get the tie in with exposed genitals.

Two women did talk to me and my partner. The really short women talked to my partner about how sexual assault was a big problem in the military and the President Elect is a voyeur so he's going to make it ok. There conversation went downhill pretty quick. The one who talked to me asked what I would do if I saw the crowd beating a Trump supporter. I told her video it and be a great witness. She then made her argument Trump should step down because "thousands of people are hurting people in his name" and he should speak out against it. I told her that a-holes will be a-holes, they aren't going to stop being a-holes if Trump steps down...and it's unfair to assign him control of the a-holes. She thinks he should speak out more against it or he's responsible for it. Sounds a lot like the arguments I see about Islam, and I mentioned to her I converted in '04 and what she was doing to Trump supporters was exactly what she'd flip out about if people did it to Muslims. She had some logical backflips about how it's not the same because he's alive and can speak out against it...you really think a politician is going to involve himself in that mess beyond what he's already done? Lulz. I will say she was respectful and honestly wanted to have a conversation, even if she was (in my opinion) pretty wrong headed. There's plenty of real issues to worry about without making things up. I told her I was truly not a Trump or Hillary supporter, I thought they were both deeply flawed and unfit to be the candidates for a major political party...but he won so let's see what he actually does before we flip out. My partner was about to strangle the oompa-loompa he was talking to, so we called it a day. Plus I was starting to feel like an activist, and the inactivist creed specifically prohibits that.

We saw a guy in his early twenties complaining to a group of anti-Trumpers that he got spit on by the crowd for supporting Trump. They told him that was not the spirit of the rally. Frankly, I think he was full of poo and just looking for attention. The crowd was small and even with our signs, no one was the least bit rude or hostile to us. I didn't see him in the crowd, just walking on the sidewalk.

A bit before we left, two guys in a surplus military 5-ton were driving around with a big Trump/Pence sign on the side blowing the horn. I thought it was funny. Some young chick about ran over us to get a picture of it and was visibily upset. "Can you believe it?" "Uh...yeah?"

As we walked back to my partner's car a guy in a black SUV, who obviously didn't or couldn't read our signs, pulls up and gives a smug "Go Trump" like he's going to irritate us, then pulled off. Uh, ok, have a great day. I think you should have read the signs first...but what evs.

Random thoughts:

Putting a mask on AFTER you get to the protest seems like you're doing it wrong.

The guy who made the 3' tall paper mache Obama mask...nicely done. You put way more work into your sign than we did.

To the lady with the sign with a drawing of lady parts and the words "This one grabs back"....uh...what?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Wouldn't that be the opposite? We were a ruly mob. We kept the ruly intact the entire time we were there.

But you OBVIOUSLY said something on the way out that triggered them and caused them to start throwing rocks. You told them their obama phones were being cut off, didnt you? :laugh:

jsx1043

Master
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    I was down there, on duty. Got dispatched after the rock, brick and bottle throwing commenced. No scooby snacks for my four-legged partner :(

We had numerous protesters come by and thank us for doing our job. Many, many more regular folks came over and thanked us and condemned the violent crowd and the protest in general.

We did observe at least two buses with Illinois plates busing in (presumably paid) protesters/agitators/agent provocateurs earlier in the day.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    The talking heads were saying 2 LEO were hurt tonight when some basement dwellers were throwing projectiles at them.
    Any truth here.
    Yes. One officer was assaulted by protestors and another was hit by friendly fire from a pepperball launcher.

I was working district and was called out to assist the squad that was detailed to the protest. Ten officers were for a crowd of about 2000 people. It apparently started off peacefully and then went to ****. The officers didn't even step in until the group began blocking streets. Not sure what caused the rock and bottle throwing to begin as my squad was still forming up when it happened. We arrived at ground zero in time to see police horses at a full gallop chasing some of the instigators. My squad caught a group of four instigators that were the ones changing clothes. Not a one of them was from Indy, or even Indiana.

Top Bottom