Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Outbound bearing & support
    View attachment 340420
    Just remember, many mock and treat badly people they are intimidated by. Smart people can be VERY intimidating, and can really make mouth breathers uncomfortable.

You have many talents. Be proud of them, and dont let anyone tear you down.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    You said you liked building airplanes...do you have a place to fly? Being made to feel like sxxt is not right. I would humbly suggest, 1 or 2 times a week, let her stew in her own juices while you go do something you like. She sounds a little spoiled like she doesn't contribute a lot, and you're at the age to deserve some you time. You look like you have some skills in the mechanical area. There are a lot of guys "our age" at the flying club having a good time, who would probably love to shoot the sh!t with you. (And bonus, at any given time...75% of our wives are mad at us too).

Build you something with wings, locate a field near you, tell her you'll be back...well...when you're back, and go do it...

https://www.modelaircraft.org/

Last edited:

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    My ex yelled at me for doing things not to her liking so I said: "Good. You f@$&ing go do it then!" It stopped a lot of arguments of how I did things. She has mental health issues she inherited from her mother's side of the family. Wish I had known that before we got hitched. My mom never did like her and now I know why. Unfortunately my daughter inherited some of those genes and it affects her occasionally but she has it under control thru meds. Maybe this is what your wife is inclined also? She sounds like your wife is trying to justify her position of no therapy as she may be found out? I'm not a mental health professional but have had training for my reserve officer position I held for many years. I pray for clarity for your mental health as well as your wife and baby girl.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I second the motion of go get involved in flying, whether it is building scale models and flying them RC or actually learning to fly. The latter I find incredibly peaceful because it uses up a lot of bandwidth and drives all but immediate concerns out of your mind

Sailing fits that bill too, by the way. To do it well you haven't got time to worry about anything but the boat

You are in my prayers now, too

55fairlane

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 15, 2016
    New Haven
    You said you liked building airplanes...do you have a place to fly? Being made to feel like sxxt is not right. I would humbly suggest, 1 or 2 times a week, let her stew in her own juices while you go do something you like. She sounds a little spoiled like she doesn't contribute a lot, and you're at the age to deserve some you time. You look like you have some skills in the mechanical area. There are a lot of guys "our age" at the flying club having a good time, who would probably love to shoot the sh!t with you. (And bonus, at any given time...75% of our wives are mad at us too).

Build you something with wings, locate a field near you, tell her you'll be back...well...when you're back, and go do it...

https://www.modelaircraft.org/
    Not spoiled....incompetent...about burnt the house down once, misread microwave meal, put in for 60 mins, not 60 seconds.....small fire.....then didn't understand broil, turned knob on oven, but far enough to get the broiler to come on, turned steaks into charcoal

I want nothing to do with aircraft, after I found cars, bikes , steam engines & being a tool maker, aircraft has lost its appeal.

55fairlane

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 15, 2016
    New Haven
    Just remember, many mock and treat badly people they are intimidated by. Smart people can be VERY intimidating, and can really make mouth breathers uncomfortable.

You have many talents. Be proud of them, and dont let anyone tear you down.
    Thank you my friend! Most of the mouth breathers, have better social skills & are in charge.

55fairlane

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 15, 2016
    New Haven
    My ex yelled at me for doing things not to her liking so I said: "Good. You f@$&ing go do it then!" It stopped a lot of arguments of how I did things. She has mental health issues she inherited from her mother's side of the family. Wish I had known that before we got hitched. My mom never did like her and now I know why. Unfortunately my daughter inherited some of those genes and it affects her occasionally but she has it under control thru meds. Maybe this is what your wife is inclined also? She sounds like your wife is trying to justify her position of no therapy as she may be found out? I'm not a mental health professional but have had training for my reserve officer position I held for many years. I pray for clarity for your mental health as well as your wife and baby girl.
    Insanity runs in my wife's mother's side of the family.....we need the prayers, thank you my friend

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I can only offer the advise given me when I was in a similar place.
    Find your peace and go there, rid yourself of the things that makes you miserable, life is precious and way too short.

Interpet this however you choose but I truly wish you the best Sir.
    And once you do that, don't get married again... Ever.

I've been married (and still am) for 31 years so far, and I wouldn't change much (anyone who says they would change absolutely nothing is a liar), but no matter what happens, I don't feel the need to do it again.

Top Bottom