I'm new and your 50-post rule sucks! Please change it for my convenience.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    You contacted a member via phone to conduct business from a classified ad.

From the FAQ:
    When you say we need 50 posts to participate in the Classifieds, what does that mean exactly? I can still buy from people even though I don't have 50 posts yet, right? That's not really participating because you mean I just can't sell in the Classifieds, right?
    There's a reason we chose the word "participate."
    We didn't say you have to have 50 posts to sell in the Classifieds section.
    We didn't say you have to have 50 posts to trade in the Classifieds section.
    We didn't say you have to have 50 posts to buy in the Classifieds section.

You have to have 50 posts to participate in the Classifieds section.

dt420

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 22, 2012
    NW
    My question is, if the seller posted his phone number....Why did he have to create an account to contact him? :n00b:

I created an account because I wanted to get involved here, I didnt know there was a 50 post rule when I made my account, and I can't sell anything just because I saw 1 persons phone number in a thread, does that make sense? I mean is that ok with you? I just want to make sure I am doing right by you.

Does anyone here not read the classifieds? I have only been checking them out for a couple months and I see lots of phone numbers posted on there, but now I am the rule breaker. I can't even post in the classifieds

spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    You said you contacted a member because he put his phone number in the ad for a classified item knowing you can't conduct business because you didn't have 50 posts.

Here's your quote

... I have been on here for a couple months now, but actually just created an account yesterday because I saw something I wanted to buy. Luckily for me that person put his phone number with his post.

I'm not sure what you are asking.

Seriously though, welcome to INGO. We are glad you joined us to participate. There's a plethora of knowledge to be shared.

MadBomber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Brownsburg
    You said you contacted a member because he put his phone number in the ad for a classified item knowing you can't conduct business because you didn't have 50 posts.

Seems to me that anyone who posts their email or phone number in their ad is just flaunting the fact that they don't care about the rules they agreed to. Personally, I'd like to see the practice prohibited and offenders taking a nice long timeout.

But then, I'm in favor of the death penalty for slow driving on 465.

dt420

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 22, 2012
    NW
    You contacted a member via phone to conduct business from a classified ad.

From the FAQ:

I didnt participate in the classifieds, there isn't one post from me in there.

"We didn't say you have to have 50 posts to buy in the Classifieds section."
    That is the rule you just posted, and if I am reading it right it says you didn't say I needed 50 posts to buy from the classifieds. I don't have 50 posts, and I haven't posted anything in there, so I don't see what rule I broke.

The thing is I was just messing around when I posted that. The last guns I bought were from Kempf's 3 months ago. I didn't realize everyone would freak out over a joke, and I didn't know that sarcasm had to be in purple. Like I said i am new here, I still don't know how people react but I am learning more everyday.

repair

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Seems to me that anyone who posts their email or phone number in their ad is just flaunting the fact that they don't care about the rules they agreed to. Personally, I'd like to see the practice prohibited and offenders taking a nice long timeout.

But then, I'm in favor of the death penalty for slow driving on 465.

I had never thought of it that way....well now I can get around that 50 QUALITY post rule. :):

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    I didnt participate in the classifieds, there isn't one post from me in there.

"We didn't say you have to have 50 posts to buy in the Classifieds section."
    That is the rule you just posted, and if I am reading it right it says you didn't say I needed 50 posts to buy from the classifieds. I don't have 50 posts, and I haven't posted anything in there, so I don't see what rule I broke.

The thing is I was just messing around when I posted that. The last guns I bought were from Kempf's 3 months ago. I didn't realize everyone would freak out over a joke, and I didn't know that sarcasm had to be in purple. Like I said i am new here, I still don't know how people react but I am learning more everyday.
    As Spas wrote:
    INGO FAQ said:
    When you say we need 50 posts to participate in the Classifieds, what does that mean exactly? I can still buy from people even though I don't have 50 posts yet, right? That's not really participating because you mean I just can't sell in the Classifieds, right?
    There's a reason we chose the word "participate."
    We didn't say you have to have 50 posts to sell in the Classifieds section.
    We didn't say you have to have 50 posts to trade in the Classifieds section.
    We didn't say you have to have 50 posts to buy in the Classifieds section.

You have to have 50 posts to participate in the Classifieds section.
    Phrased another way...
    If you're buying from a post in the Classifieds section, you're participating.
    If you're selling from a post in the Classifieds section, you're participating.
    If you're trading through a post in the Classifieds section, you're participating.

Participate ... to take part in. The word "participate" was chosen to encompass all activities regarding the Classifieds section.

Technically, if you're READING the Classifieds section, you're participating. The rule is NOT "If you don't have 50 posts yet you can't post in the Classifieds section." It IS "If you don't have 50 posts yet, you can't PARTICIPATE in the Classifieds."

You really don't see where you could have potentially broken the Classifieds rule?

PS, Sorry for my intrusion. I'll wander back to my hole now.

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    As Spas wrote:

Phrased another way...
    If you're buying from a post in the Classifieds section, you're participating.
    If you're selling from a post in the Classifieds section, you're participating.
    If you're trading through a post in the Classifieds section, you're participating.

Participate ... to take part in. The word "participate" was chosen to encompass all activities regarding the Classifieds section.

Technically, if you're READING the Classifieds section, you're participating. The rule is NOT "If you don't have 50 posts yet you can't post in the Classifieds section." It IS "If you don't have 50 posts yet, you can't PARTICIPATE in the Classifieds."

You really don't see where you could have potentially broken the Classifieds rule?

PS, Sorry for my intrusion. I'll wander back to my hole now.

Man, you should consider becoming a MOD someday. :D

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I have my Banhammer mounted on a plaque now. I used an irreversible sticking charm. I don't think it's removable.

Try putting it in that crystal chamber thingy superman used to get his powers back. :twocents:

5414848_gal.jpg

dt420

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 22, 2012
    NW
    Nice band, but they are a little dated... :n00b:

Of course he does, he just thinks that he can play the mods for fools and talk his way out of it.

Wrong. I don't need to talk my way out of anything, nor do I want to treat anyone like they are fools.

What do I need to talk my way out of?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom