• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rcuhljr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Carmel

Agreed, that's why I got a lifetime carry when technically all I need it for right now is target shooting. (I don't have anything carry worthy right now and I want to go through the NRA basic course first anyways.)

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Especially since you can't "upgrade" a 4 year permit to a lifetime until the 4-year is close to expiring.

millsusaf

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Carmel
    Not to hi-jack my own thread but what is the Hunting/Target permit i noticed?

The hunting permit is pretty self explanatory but what in the world would I need a target permit for and why? I've searched but a search with "target" in the search criteria was WAY too general.

Note: I just moved back to IN after being gone for 10+ years.

Thanks!

karlsgunbunker

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2008
    Not to hi-jack my own thread but what is the Hunting/Target permit i noticed?

The hunting permit is pretty self explanatory but what in the world would I need a target permit for and why? I've searched but a search with "target" in the search criteria was WAY too general.

Note: I just moved back to IN after being gone for 10+ years.

Thanks!

You cannot leave your property/business in Indiana with a Handgun with out a Permit.
    There are exceptions ie. to or from Dealer/Gunsmith
    You need a permit to drive to the range with your Handgun.
    One of the reasons permits are so easy to get, I assume.

millsusaf

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Carmel
    You cannot leave your property/business in Indiana with a Handgun with out a Permit.
    There are exceptions ie. to or from Dealer/Gunsmith
    You need a permit to drive to the range with your Handgun.
    One of the reasons permits are so easy to get, I assume.

No kidding....Good lord! :n00b:

I'm glad I asked before going to the range with my handguns. I would not have imagined that I would need a permit to take my unloaded stored handgun to a range.

Thanks for the info.

KPierce

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 7, 2008
    Jeffersonville
    Go for the lifetime permit. I have had a permit for years now and paying $60 every 4 years wasn't so bad, but now that I have my lifetime permit I never have to worry about renewing it or spending any more money.

cordex

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 24, 2008
    Go for the lifetime permit. I have had a permit for years now and paying $60 every 4 years wasn't so bad, but now that I have my lifetime permit I never have to worry about renewing it or spending any more money.
    $60?

Permits used to be $25 ($10 + $15) for 4 years (and were that price for a very long time) The current price since the lifetime law took hold is $40 ($10 + $30).

karlsgunbunker

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2008
    I just paid for my wife's Lifetime permit. ($125)
    As a FFL mine should have been free but the City clipped me for $50.

Still much better than States like Texas (Home) where it's $150 for 4 years and you pay $100+ for a class.

millsusaf

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Carmel
    Submitted the local paperwork yesterday for my lifetime. ;)

I'm hoping not be here more than 12-14 years but either way it should pay for itself.

After that....back down SOUTH for me. I left Indiana for a reason (the COLD) but made the mistake of saying I'd never come back.

:n00b: Never say never....

:ar15:COLD :eek:

Sleepless

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2008
    Submitted the local paperwork yesterday for my lifetime. ;)

I'm hoping not be here more than 12-14 years but either way it should pay for itself.

After that....back down SOUTH for me. I left Indiana for a reason (the COLD) but made the mistake of saying I'd never come back.

:n00b: Never say never....

:ar15:COLD :eek:

millsusaf if you think that Indiana is cold then try where I presently am in Quebec, Canada.

Today we had 6 F but with the windchill it felt like -8 F.

The first thing I am gonna do when I get to Indiana during the winter is to walk around in a tshirt and shorts because it will be a lot warmer down there then it will ever be up here.

A few years ago I lived in Toronto, Canada and during the winter we had up to -40 F so Indiana weather is quite mild, oh I forgot to mention that yesterday around the Dallas, Austin and San Antonio area the temperature was 40 F so down south it is getting cold too but I guess that depends on where in the south you are.

JBrockman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 8, 2008
    Amity, Johnson Count
    I have friends that work out of the state house and if you are going to get your life time license you had better get them as soon as possible. Word is that someone with a calculator and nothing better to do figured out how much money thet were going to loose.

Top Bottom