• ...and so much more!
  • 04FXSTS

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Eugene

Synopsis As Introduced
    Amends the Firearm Concealed Carry Act. Provides that if a concealed carry licensee leaves his or her vehicle unattended, he or she shall store the firearm out of plain view in a safe or other secure container which, when locked, is incapable of being opened without the key, keypad, combination, or other unlocking mechanism and is capable of preventing an unauthorized person from obtaining access to and possession of the weapon contained therein and shall be fire, impact, and tamper resistant. For the purposes of this provision, a glove compartment, glove box, or center console is not considered an appropriate safe or secure storage container

If you are like me and travel into Illinois at times when I have to leave the vehicle store the firearm in the console and lock the truck. If this passes I will need to buy a safe to lock the gun into. It will be a bad thing for Illinois "subjects" because there are so many GFZ's including any business that is posted.
    They have another bill that would require 8 hours training to get a FOID card which you must have to own or possess any firearm. It also includes a provision that a firearm purchase would take a permit to purchase that must be obtained from your local LE and then only good for 10 days. At least this one should not effect any of us "Free State" residents.
    Both these bills are over the top for any thinking person, certainly unconstitutional and should never even see a vote. OTOH this is Illinois and the dems are all Butthurt over the registration scheme only getting registered a couple % registered. Jim.

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    Can we just annex Illannoy? I like the sound of "West Indiana" We could pay all the libtards to move to Khalifornia, and keep the non-libs...Maybe build a wall around Chicago, and flood it, removing all those who can't swim ( I don't want Chitown as part of Wisconsin, since I'm a Packers fan, so flooding would be a solution) Ok, so that last part should be in purple, maybe.

loudgroove

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 7, 2023
    Lagrange Indiana
    I can't see it happening, but states in my opinion should have electoral college like at the federal level. This would stop cities like Chicago from controlling the whole state. I'm sure the fine Illinois rural folks would enjoy the freedom. I remember after living in Nashville Tn for a few years, I was talking to some transplants from rural Ill, and they were amazed at a free 2nd Amendment. lol

Wstar425

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2018
    Sandia Park, New Mexico
    Can we just annex Illannoy? I like the sound of "West Indiana" We could pay all the libtards to move to Khalifornia, and keep the non-libs...Maybe build a wall around Chicago, and flood it, removing all those who can't swim ( I don't want Chitown as part of Wisconsin, since I'm a Packers fan, so flooding would be a solution) Ok, so that last part should be in purple, maybe.
    Three guys from Iowa, Chicago and Wisconsin were walking
    along the beach, when they spotted an old lamp half buried in the sand.

The Iowan bent over and picked it up, and began to rub the
    sand off of it.

As he did so, a genie popped out of the lamp, and said "I'll
    give you three wishes, one for each of you."

The Iowan said, "I am a farmer, my dad was a farmer, and my
    son will also farm. I want the land to be forever fertile in
    Iowa."

With a blink of the Genie's eye, "FOOM" the land in Iowa was
    forever made fertile for farming.

The Chicago guy was amazed, so he said, "I want a wall
    around Chicago, so that no one can come into our precious
    city from that land of hillbillies, Wisconsin.

Again, with a blink of the genie's eye, 'POOF, there was a
    huge wall around the city of Chicago!

The Wisconsin guy says, "I'm very curious. Please tell me more
    about this wall."

The Genie explains, "Well, it's about 150 feet high, 50 feet
    thick, and nothing can get in or out."

The Cheesehead says, "Fill it up with ****.”

04FXSTS

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Eugene
    Three guys from Iowa, Chicago and Wisconsin were walking
    along the beach, when they spotted an old lamp half buried in the sand.

The Iowan bent over and picked it up, and began to rub the
    sand off of it.

As he did so, a genie popped out of the lamp, and said "I'll
    give you three wishes, one for each of you."

The Iowan said, "I am a farmer, my dad was a farmer, and my
    son will also farm. I want the land to be forever fertile in
    Iowa."

With a blink of the Genie's eye, "FOOM" the land in Iowa was
    forever made fertile for farming.

The Chicago guy was amazed, so he said, "I want a wall
    around Chicago, so that no one can come into our precious
    city from that land of hillbillies, Wisconsin.

Again, with a blink of the genie's eye, 'POOF, there was a
    huge wall around the city of Chicago!

The Wisconsin guy says, "I'm very curious. Please tell me more
    about this wall."

The Genie explains, "Well, it's about 150 feet high, 50 feet
    thick, and nothing can get in or out."

The Cheesehead says, "Fill it up with ****.”
    It is chicago, it is already full of ****. Jim.

Piezak

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2024
    Mooresville, IN
    I grew up in Illinois. Most of Illinois despises Chicago.

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    My friend worked for an alphabet agency in Chicago. I asked him why he drove from Valpo for work? He said he wanted to live where he could have personal cans and full auto weapons. He said he hated growing up in Danville, Il.

BJHay

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2019
    Crawfordsville
    I suggest a swap negotiated by the governors and approved by Congress. The land south of US Hwy 30 (with all those pesky farmers and work'n folk) moves to Indiana and Illinois and gets Gary and everything east to include Michigan City.

04FXSTS

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Eugene
    My friend worked for an alphabet agency in Chicago. I asked him why he drove from Valpo for work? He said he wanted to live where he could have personal cans and full auto weapons. He said he hated growing up in Danville, Il.
    I grew up in a small town just south of Danville and lived there in Westville until I moved to Indiana in 2020. Danville was a nice place back in the 1960's then started going downhill fast. Don't remember the dates but manufacturing started moving out and taking the good paying jobs. Then I think it was in the 1980's after loosing jobs Danville got the prison and that was the end of the decent town. I remember Danville promoting the prison and saying not to worry, it won't affect life in town because the prisoners won't bother you. But the prisoners mostly came from Chicago so their families just transferred their "Section 8" vouchers to Danville and moved in. I still see news articles from there and a majority of those charged with crimes are listed as "formerly of Chicago. Jim.

Top Bottom