• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dr Falken

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    One fact brought up was that money will be worthless. I guess commodities like food, fuel, ammunition, medical supplies, meds… will be the new currency.

I had this argument with someone the other day, if I have food and you have gold, why do I want your gold and what is it worth? Seems like alot of people are saying commodities will be the new currency...we are truely spoiled by all the goodies that we currently have available.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    I had this argument with someone the other day, if I have food and you have gold, why do I want your gold and what is it worth? Seems like alot of people are saying commodities will be the new currency...we are truely spoiled by all the goodies that we currently have available.

Fool, You need gold for chains, my man ;)

mr-t.png

Gold currently $1000.00 an ounce, speculation is 8,000 an ounce. Some will want it some will not. I'm going food and hard goods because I've never been much into the baubles

zimzum

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2008
    Chesterfield

Gold is $1000 an oz. This is just a perceived value. In a situation where food is scarce, people won't be looking for gold. Some assume that it will act as a hedge against inflation but I'm betting that in an economic collapse we'll just go to a barter system. Whatever you have that someone else needs will be valuable. Tangible goods will be the new currency. This is why I'm not on the precious metals bandwagon. At $1000 an oz., that's alot of food, ammo, etc. that could be bought.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Yup, can't eat shiny rocks or hunt with them. Gold only holds value as long as we care about it. Once we stop caring about it, it becomes the worthless object it really is.

Royal-1

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 18, 2008
    Noblesville
    WE Surround Them

Has anyone else posted about this? I think this could be the start of the organized Bubbas to come.

The 12 Values are spot on and the 9 Principles are core. Not one am I against, they are what made America great once.

WE Surround Them

Check this out and wait till March 13 for more info.

Just another Bubba :patriot:

agentl074

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2008
    Knowledge is the most valuable resource. With knowledge you can find everything you need for food and warmth in the woods. Food is only bartered when there is food - if you know where to look for food - you are golden.

Top Bottom