• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Virtus

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Fishers
    Thought it was a very good show. I am sure some people will write it off as "crazy" talk. I believe we are becoming a nation of Bubbas; I know I am, mentally and physically (around the waist line) :)

RogerB

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2008
    New Palestine
    I've never wanted an AR more so than right now. I even told the wife that, and its funding starts right now. And no it won't interfere with her gun fund, that was her main concern. :D

I love my wife :D

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    I was a bit surprised the Sgt Major and the Spook both felt the military would side with the Bubbas.

I don't think that it was an endorsement for a 100% Bubba commitment but if enough questioned or hesitated it would make a difference. I'm sure that the Government has figured in military dissent and what actions to take. God Help Us All. Did you catch that the Law was changed and it does Not take the State Governor to Call Up the Guard.

Walter Zoomie

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2008
    BeechTucky
    Did you catch that the Law was changed and it does Not take the State Governor to Call Up the Guard.

That is not what was said on the program.

What was said was that the new stimulus bill allows state legislatures to go around the governor and take the stimulus money should the governor refuse to take the stimulus money.

Beck surmises that this means that the Federal government can and will have the ability to circumvent states' rights in all other areas as well...such as the calling up and use of the National Guard.

RogerB

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2008
    New Palestine

What was said was that the new stimulus bill allows state legislatures to go around the governor and take the stimulus money should the governor refuse to take the stimulus money.

Beck surmises that this means that the Federal government can and will have the ability to circumvent states' rights in all other areas as well...such as the calling up and use of the National Guard.

hmmm nice catch Walt, thanks for pointing that out. But I still want an AR :rolleyes:

Walter Zoomie

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2008
    BeechTucky
    It's pure speculation on Beck's part...but not unreasonable to think...that one thing will lead to another.

I like him and I agree with most everything he says, but he gets overly emotional sometimes.

He's correct when he says our Constitution is being pissed on.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA

I believe that you are absolutely Correct but I gleaned that the interpretation would allow them to bypass the Governor for a call up. It does create an interesting scenario and power struggle with the ever increasing Federal $$'s Strings attached

swatdoc

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Franklin
    I thought it was a provocative show for mainstream media. Probably over-hyped a little from what I heard this morning. There was certainly no content on there that I was un-prepared for, or hadn't considered. He did a great job of explaining this is a what-if and maybe, just maybe, some sheeple will pull their heads out and take a moments notice and prepare. Naah, what am I thinkin!

For entertainment, check out the guy Brad Thor. Very good author along the lines of Tom Clancy (his earlier books).

Panama

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 13, 2008
    Racing Capital
    Watched it, agreed with Beck, as usual.

My favorite thing he said was, "listen to your gut, if your gut is telling you something is wrong, DON'T ignore it"
    Oh how true that is, and so many of us don't listen.

My gut has been talking to me, loud and clear, for the last 5 - 6 months!

Proud BUBBA here!
    :patriot:

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    I was a bit surprised the Sgt Major and the Spook both felt the military would side with the Bubbas.

I'm not. Not at all.

The majority of soldiers (i.e. Enlisted and NCO's) are the "blue-collar" workers of the Military... the one's with field experience (i.e. Common Sense). When we took our oath of Enlistment, we swore to uphold the Constitution of the United States. Our Allegiance doesn't necessarily lie with the Commander-in-chief, but the Ideas enumerated in the Constitution.

I know a LOT of soldiers who would willingly leave their post if it meant to directly protect their families. Gear and all. Hell, I was one of them.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    I'm hooking up my TV card back into my computer this weekend, so I can start recording his show, that way those of you who can't watch can see it on youtube or something.

Jay

Gotta watch us old guys.....cause if you don't....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    Near Marion, IN
    I have to think that whether we're discussing Active duty military, or local Nat'l Guard units..... every one of those folks is most likely related to a bubba, somewhere.

I have to believe that blood will be thicker that politics.

"bubba Jay"

Top Bottom