• ...and so much more!
  • templar223

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2010
    Quinn's gun ban bill rebuked in Illinois Senate

Quinn.jpg

(Guns Save Life) - Illinois Governor Pat “Clueless” Quinn was resoundingly rebuked by a 49-4 vote yesterday as the Senate over-rode the governor’s earlier amendatory veto of SB 681.

The common sense gun bill originally had widespread support and would have allowed Illinois FOID-card holders to purchase ammunition from Illinois retailers and have it shipped to their homes.

Governor Quinn struck the original language and substituted in a Draconian gun ban that would have banned manufacture, possession or sale of America’s favorite rifle, the AR-15, and dozens more of the most popular selling guns in America today. Furthermore, it would have likewise banned full-capacity magazines.

More...

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    Typical Illinois BS. :noway: So hard to articulate just how disgusting these corrupt anti-American politicians are. On the other hand, nice to see the IL Senate, majority Democrats at that, telling Quinn to go pound sand.

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    The man is a pin head. He should move to England where he should feel right at home.
    Bet it was a shock to him when 'his' senate stonewalled him.

Lumpy76

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 9, 2011
    Hebron
    This was his big responce to the Colorado shootings. Just trying to get press at the time. I hate this state so much. One more month, give or take, until I am an IN resident.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Amendatory Veto in Illinois: Gov. takes bill, re-writes it, and send it back to the legislature for passage.

This is a feature of the 1970 Daley Constitution which re-wrote the Illinois Constitution to codify the power of Chicago in the entire state. Daley had a pet law professor at Northwestern on the re-write committee and as a favor owed the Daley family the amendatory veto provision was included.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Bizarre?

I could go on for days. If you are shocked by the amendatory veto, then don't study Illinois too closely.:D

Why do you think INGOers like myself skeddaled out of Illinois as soon as we could?:laugh: Being an inmate for three years was enough!

squidvt

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2012
    Southport, IN
    Bizarre?

I could go on for days. If you are shocked by the amendatory veto, then don't study Illinois too closely.:D

Why do you think INGOers like myself skeddaled out of Illinois as soon as we could?:laugh: Being an inmate for three years was enough!

Most sane people I know escaped from IL as soon as they could. I'm so happy to be in IN. This kind of stuff is not surprising. Heck they have wanted to use drones, and have a cameras on the highway to get people speeding.

gvonpaul

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I took my son to Chicago a couple weeks ago and we both loved the vitality of downtown. The architecture, the atmosphere, the teeming throngs of people, we had a blast. He mentioned he would love to live there. When I informed him that living there meant 'no guns,' he immediately recanted his position.
    Nice place to visit, wouldn't want to live there.

Valvestate

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    I took my son to Chicago a couple weeks ago and we both loved the vitality of downtown. The architecture, the atmosphere, the teeming throngs of people, we had a blast. He mentioned he would love to live there. When I informed him that living there meant 'no guns,' he immediately recanted his position.
    Nice place to visit, wouldn't want to live there.

I was seriously considering moving to downtown Chicago to be close to work. Then I was stranded in my car remembering my gun was at home during the shooting at 87th and I-94 a few months ago. I was stranded at 85th on hold with OnStar when I heard the shots. All plans to move died.

remauto1187

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 25, 2012
    Stepping Stone
    Bizarre?

And like KIRK I too left that poor excuse for a state ....Illinois! I would never live there again...and I was born and raised there!

Ive been received rather well in Indiana...and I help beautify the state with my presence too! :laugh:

Top Bottom