If you claim to be a Christian, what keeps you from gathering with a local church?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OkieGirl

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    iti anunka (In the trees)
    Its just a story...think some of you way over thought it. Did anyone read I Didn't endorse it, just found it interesting. ??? Don't think so. Could be some of you are the reason I don't attend anymore, just visit from time to time. If you want to know my thoughts on church you can scroll back several posts and find my story. Critique all you desire on that if you wish, doing so on this is ridiculous. And its from a child....didn't see anyone saying well at least she believed in God....guess thats not important.

I think she understood 'relationship' way better than many of us do. I can't imagine being an orphan at the age of 6 or what her days may have been like; it's comforting to read she had an understanding of relationship with her Creator.

I have a grown son who mixes 'relationship' with the corporate, organized 'church' and it has done some damage to his understanding of faith -vs- religion. We are all human and as much as we try or don't try...we are imperfect. When you put a bunch of us in a building and in an environment where we are trying to look and do our best for the benefit of others eyes...we will seem more like the horrible sisters in the story of Cinderella that the gentle, believers we all picture in our heads. Your relationship with your Creator is far different from your attendance in a corporate worship environment.

Yes, the Bible addresses directly the importance of gathering together but when/where/with whom is left for you to decide. It's like shopping for the best pair of boots...you gotta try a lot on and give a lot of grace before you find the perfect fit, and even then...it takes an occasional sole repair to keep things running smoothly. Not every boot fits every foot the same.

Last edited:

Thomas1969

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 6, 2022
    Noblesville
    I haven't found THE church for me, I was raised up in the church of Christ, so, I'm pretty messed up anyway. My wife and I went to a holiness church for a while, but that was like a cult....
    I believe in God, and Jesus died for my sins. My wife and I are not actively looking, but hope to find a church for us some day....
    The right church can make all the difference.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Its just a story...think some of you way over thought it. Did anyone read I Didn't endorse it, just found it interesting. ??? Don't think so. Could be some of you are the reason I don't attend anymore, just visit from time to time. If you want to know my thoughts on church you can scroll back several posts and find my story. Critique all you desire on that if you wish, doing so on this is ridiculous. And its from a child....didn't see anyone saying well at least she believed in God....guess thats not important.
    The comments following your post seem to be discussing the substance if the text. I don't see anyone attributing anything to you personally or critiquing you, so not sure why you are so defensive about it.

Top Bottom