If you are eligible for student loan forgiveness, READ THIS!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Gonna get some hate for this but.. I’m in the trades, no college for me except night classes a previous employer paid for and now an apprenticeship. But.. most of the ppl I know paying on student loans long term are middle to lower class, and have been working every day since they could legally hold a job, often way before. They pay taxes too. They’ve paid way more in taxes than their loans were. Can we just pretend it’s coming out of their taxes and not yours? I don’t agree with Biden but there are so many subsidies and payments for ppl who won’t work, illegals, yet they make it really hard for someone with disabilities to get help, I’m kinda happy that ppl who are trying (at least some of them) might be getting something back. In a perfect Murica, no maybe not, but in this one, where we give our petroleum reserve and farmland to china, pay for generational welfare, blow social security on senators bar tabs, and give 10 million to Pakistan for gender studies, screw it help a single working mom out with her education
    Can we pretend? Sure. We'll pretend money grows on trees also.

If the student loan program is so bad, shut the damned thing down and make it 100% private. There's a reason .gov won't let you default on student loans. They want you as a pawn and billions in inflated tuition going to liberal colleges every year.

Remove .gov from student loans and price of tuition would for by 50%

Last edited:

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    More power to the OP. Get your government money while you can, because you'll be paying for everyone else's if you don't.
    But the whole program is a massive wealth redistribution from blue collar people who never got loans, and hard working people who did get loans for useful degrees and paid them back - to wealthy "privileged" people who got stupid degrees and can't repay them. And we're now stealing from our great grandchildren to pay for these stupid programs.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    More power to the OP. Get your government money while you can, because you'll be paying for everyone else's if you don't.
    But the whole program is a massive wealth redistribution from blue collar people who never got loans, and hard working people who did get loans for useful degrees and paid them back - to wealthy "privileged" people who got stupid degrees and can't repay them. And we're now stealing from our great grandchildren to pay for these stupid programs.
    Don't forget the people who could pay back their loans if they wanted to, but prefer to spend the money on anything but. Of course, there are also non-privileged people who were sold a bill of goods regarding what the mere attainment of a college degree would mean, but that doesn't change their signature on the line.

Last edited:

Chewie

Old, Tired, Grumpy, Skeptical
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Martinsville
    I'm on the fence on this issue for 1 reason only. My son has a student loan and he has paid off over $22k of a $33k loan. $10k would all but eliminate his loan. I don't like the idea of passing out $$ to everyone to pay off/down a loan for those "special" degrees but..... Now if didn't have any children paying for a real degree I would probably be 100% no go, but he gas never missed a payment and has payed some during the "pause" even while looking for a job twice during the friendly covid years.
    A lot is a matter of perspective, pay for Phd in the sexuality of a transgendered dung beetle, no way. For a BS degree (or equivalent) in a field with real world applications from a practical real world school, well that changes the subjective formula a little. Anything above and beyond is on you.

Top Bottom