If the constitution is the supreme law of the land....!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BADWOLF

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 24, 2015
    Small Town USA
    There will always be agents of the government ready and willing to ensure your compliance to whatever laws that are on the books or whatever judgement comes down from the courts. Just ask the folks in the internment camps of WWI and WWII and the people disarmed in the aftermath of Katrina. You'll likely always be out numbered and out gunned.

Is that a reason not to? The founders knew if they lost the revolution that they would be tried for treason and hanged. They pledged their life their land and their fortunes. Knowing all could be forfeit........ Really?

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    One key difference is at the time of the DOI, the people of the colonies had little to no say in what was done to them, in the long list of greviences listed in that document. Not so today. We the people have done this to ourselves. Our current state was not the doing of some malevolent King. We voted for this crap. Big difference from what the founders' circumstances were.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    One key difference is at the time of the DOI, the people of the colonies had little to no say in what was done to them, in the long list of greviences listed in that document. Not so today. We the people have done this to ourselves. Our current state was not the doing of some malevolent King. We voted for this crap. Big difference from what the founders' circumstances were.

Don't get in the way of the internet uber-patriots having their periodic pity party that results in.....nothing.

BADWOLF

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 24, 2015
    Small Town USA

We did this.....
    Stick fight
    I would call that a theoretical distinction rather than a practical one. They certainly don't behave as if they were our servants.

To ourselves?

BADWOLF

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 24, 2015
    Small Town USA
    The founders knew an I'm guessing here, that they went by the old adage " power corrupts & absolute power corrupts absolutely " when writing the Second Amendment. Sorry I just kind of gleaned that from reading The Federalist Papers

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    We did this.....
    Stick fight
    I would call that a theoretical distinction rather than a practical one. They certainly don't behave as if they were our servants.

To ourselves?

Yep. Little by little...election after election. We voted for progressive politicians that promised to fix problems with government solution that we called out for. Pick the legislation or court decision that draws your ire, and you'll find no king proclaimed it. The people either voted for it or voted for the people that nominated the justices that made the rulings that fit their agendas. This is self inflicted.

BADWOLF

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 24, 2015
    Small Town USA
    IMG_20150722_115502_zpsv6ciaekm.jpg

BADWOLF

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 24, 2015
    Small Town USA
    Just putting it out their that in comparison to the men and women who founded this country we the American people for the majority are spineless and feckless, I remember when I was little my dad using the frase " don't rock the boat " I reminded him of that lately and told him because of his generation through to my great grandfather's generation who believed in that frase. Is why we as a country are in the predicament we are in. And I reminded him that the founding fathers were " Boat Rockers " themselves.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    If enough people are fed up..... Like I hear all the time on here you can't jail 6,000 people or more for disregarding invalid " laws " that arnt really laws to begin with. Since the " laws " by their nature are in direct conflict with the constitution.

And which heavily politicized, currently understaffed court has the final say on whether a law is constitutional or not?

BADWOLF

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 24, 2015
    Small Town USA
    The exact wording of the Constitution decides which laws are unconstitutional or not

What part of "shall not be infringed" do you not get.

Definition of infringement
    1: the act of infringing : violation
    2: an encroachment or trespass on a right or privilege

Courtesy of the Merriam Webster's Dictionary

PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Hi.

Boat rockers. Indeed they were.

Good talk.

So...since we are on the topic of things that will absolutely get a user perma-banned from INGO, like, instantly...I think it's important to point to this:

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...n/12952-posting-about-inciting-civil-war.html

Simply put: INGO does not allow discussion of insurrection.

So...I would ask anyone considering posting to be consider your position thoroughly, pick your words carefully, and tread delicately.

Oh, and IBTL...

BADWOLF

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 24, 2015
    Small Town USA
    1: im not posting about inciting civil war unless your counting the WWtFFD.
    But Yes remember folks please stick with historical and hypothetical representations and just in case
    please please please do not use quotes from our founding fathers, founding documents & Federalist papers without TRIGER WARNINGS that must be placed one post before the possibly offending post.

Top Bottom