If not Carmel, how about a Westfield range?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Polished515

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Muncie
    I lived in Hamilton County for most of my life and would love to see a gun range open in either Carmel OR Westfield. I honestly figured there would be one set up in Sheridan before Carmel or Westfield though.
    At one point I thought there had been one? But it may have just been someone advocating to have one opened there.

mulsas

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 14, 2012
    Westfield
    You know my first thought when the Carmel news was surfacing was that Westfield could be a good option, since there are several areas that are industrial parks with no residential within the immediate vicinity. Also, I feel like we have a government environment that is a little more open and happy to attract businesses (hopefully we don't get proven wrong on this one). In looking at the diagram, I'm most excited that they are planning on a longer rifle bay as well, since that is most of what my son and I would be doing.

The article makes it sound like he is aiming for a first class operation. Here's hoping that he has the financial resources to see it through.

Onrails

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2013
    I was told it will be near the DQ on Rangeline but I don't know how credible the info is.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Why not both? Don't fall into the one of the other trap, let's fight to get both.

I fully intend to be at the meeting in Carmel to push for getting the range there. We can't have enough, so it is not a matter of one or the other.

As for my title, it was directed at the fact that Brainard does not seem to be in favor of the range in his fiefdom.

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    I fully intend to be at the meeting in Carmel to push for getting the range there. We can't have enough, so it is not a matter of one or the other.

As for my title, it was directed at the fact that Brainard does not seem to be in favor of the range in his fiefdom.

See you there. Birdbrain can KMA.

No2rdame

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Noblesville
    I saw this today when I flipped through the pages of the Current. I'm pretty stoked, hoping this (and Carmel) can happen. Unfortunately, I think all the soccer mommies in Carmel will kill that one before it gets off the ground, but maybe there's a chance for Westfield.

rotag84

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2010
    Hamilton County
    I saw the article in the 'Current'. Sounds like most of the folks they interviewed were concerned that it would be near schools, playgrounds and downtown. I guess they didn't understand that it would be an INDOOR range. They must think that people would be standing out on Rangeline road shooting up into the trees or something.:laugh:

GuyRelford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    Zionsville
    The Shooting Academy of Westfield will be opening this Fall - just west of the Westfield municipal complex on 32. Fifteen lanes, indoor. Most rifle calibers welcome. Training and gun sales will be provided on-site, and they already have all of their regulatory approvals.

TFT will be providing training and range supervision there.

I'll be posting a separate thread as well.

Guy

HollidaySlim

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 26, 2009
    Central Indiana
    The Shooting Academy of Westfield will be opening this Fall - just west of the Westfield municipal complex on 32. Fifteen lanes, indoor. Most rifle calibers welcome. Training and gun sales will be provided on-site, and they already have all of their regulatory approvals.

Guy

That is awesome news Guy! Can't wait.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield

Guy

Is this the one someone on INGO was talking about a year or more ago located around 32 and 421?

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Glad to hear that you will be a part of this range, Guy!!!

Looking forward to a new place to shoot, virtually in my back yard!

Top Bottom