• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Johnny C

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Solsberry , In
    Just musing on the semi auto Ar15 versus possible bans.
    A bolt action upper can be installed on an ar15, or the gas tube removed and "plugged" making it "not a semi auto"
    An upper is not legally a firearm, though I suppose having one around could be called "intent"

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    A bolt action upper can be installed on an ar15, or the gas tube removed and "plugged" making it "not a semi auto"
    An upper is not legally a firearm, though I suppose having one around could be called "intent"
    It would be easier to modify a bolt gun to accept AR magazines

BGDave

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    207   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    Beech Grove
    Back during the bad ole days (1994-2004) I built a single shot AR pistol using a de-milled barrel. Had about 10 inches of usable barrel. No threaded muzzle, no gas system and no front sight.
    No idea of the accuracy. But it was glass packs loud.
    Ear plugs and ear muffs loud.
    I guess if you're the inventive type you could fire the upper without any lower (DON'T DO THIS). Pinch off the gas tube and smack the firing pin with carriage bolt and a small mallet. (or adjustment tool of your choice)
    Things like this are the reasons I have interesting scars.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville

Why even worry about this nonsense?
    You can build a lower from literal plywood that works, if you can't manage to 3d print one.

The people trying to implement these bans don't obey the law, they have no place to expect any of us to.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Are you talking about something like this?

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I cannot remember the name, but there was an outfit making a pump action AR upper. I think they were trying to get around California legislation.

HHollow

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2012
    My opinion: Take the gas tube out of your Colt AR15 and it is still a semi-auto colt AR15, however non working. On the other hand your generic or ghost gun is another matter. If you are the manufacturer then you get to decide whether its a bolt gun or not. I can not guess where an Anderson or generic AR15 would fall.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I have seen an AR15 lower with a bolt action, .50BMG upper pinned to it.
    I don't want to shoot it.
    A guy at my club had one of these one time and let me shoot it. It really wasn't as bad as you'd think. The upper was pretty heavy, so that tamed the recoil a bit. Had a really light trigger (guessing 2 lbs. or less) on it though and that surprised the heck out of me when it went boom! :): Especially when I'd been shooting old milsurps all day with their heavy triggers.

Top Bottom