• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Anyone ever shoot this? I'm going next Sunday with Cwood, and it'll be my first IDPA shoot. I was just wondering if anyone had ever shot this event at NPCCC. If you have, please share your thoughts.

Last edited:

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I've never shot at that club, but I know some of the guys who shoot there. You should have a good, safe time there. Go ahead and let them know you're new to the game (and remind your squad's safety officer too) and they'll be able to guide you through the process.

And you should have hit the IDPA match at Wildcat with me yesterday!

IDPA has good safety rules, so hopefully you won't find a camerman among the targets when you're shooting a stage :D

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Oh, snap! :DLet me know when there's another IDPA shoot that you're going to and I'll tag along!

Will do!

I'm sorry I failed to invite you. I was talking about it with Craig and Hickman at my end of the table Friday night, but I should have invited your guys too.

Wildcat IDPA is 2nd Saturday of the month. I go whenever I can. AtlantaCC IDPA is 1st Saturday, but that conflicts with our steel matches at RileyCC and I can't usually make it.

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    I'd love to. I am a little slow on what gear to have though. I'm considering shooting produciton with my p226 9mm. I have

4 mags, 2 have extended base plates. Will this be a problem?
    Fobus paddle hoster
    ammo

Am I missing anything?

Last edited:

slow1911s

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I'd love to. I am a little slow on what gear to have though. I'm considering shooting produciton with my p226 9mm. I have

4 mags, 2 have extended base plates. Will this be a problem?
    Fobus paddle hoster
    ammo

Am I missing anything?

The extended base plates could be a problem. The only other things you're missing is a magazine holder or two (if you run singles) and a cover garment (vest, jacket, etc.).

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Yeah, what Dave said. IDPA has it's own rules concerning equipment. You should check out the link I provided to see what's expected.

Buckaroo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    NWI
    I am there regularly. New shooters are common and they will take good care of you. My son, now 16, started shooting last year and everyone has been very encouraging. If you are new to IDPA you can shoot what you bring (within reason) but if it doesn't comply with the rules then your score is invalid... No big deal really for a newby. Join us!

Buckaroo

oldfb

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Valpo
    I am there regularly. New shooters are common and they will take good care of you. My son, now 16, started shooting last year and everyone has been very encouraging. If you are new to IDPA you can shoot what you bring (within reason) but if it doesn't comply with the rules then your score is invalid... No big deal really for a newby. Join us!

Buckaroo

Are you a member Buck?
    I have sent two or three membership inquiry emails because of my disabilities I wouldn't be able to compete but would like to join for range access. Wanted to know if there were options for disabled to meet the service requirments. I have my two daughters that want to try competition and would be willing to pitch in also. No response from them and can't handle sitting through the monthly meetings lately. Does the membership committe have a phone number?

Thanks
    C

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    Are you a member Buck?
    I have sent two or three membership inquiry emails because of my disabilities I wouldn't be able to compete but would like to join for range access. Wanted to know if there were options for disabled to meet the service requirments. I have my two daughters that want to try competition and would be willing to pitch in also. No response from them and can't handle sitting through the monthly meetings lately. Does the membership committe have a phone number?

Thanks
    C

I do not know how to help you reach the membership committee, but I know a few members and will see what I can do. I do want to point out that your daughters do not need to be members to shoot in competitions. Matches are open to the public, membership is only necessary if you want open range access.

Hope that helps!

Josh

Buckaroo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    NWI
    Are you a member Buck?

Thanks
    C

PM sent

Josh is correct regarding non-members shooting in matches.

Buckaroo

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Do they shoot limited 10? I think I could be legal and shoot that. I'll just get scored minor with my X-5 9mm.

No Limited 10 division in IDPA (that's a USPSA division). There is also no major/minor power factor per se, but each IDPA division does have a minimum power factor.

IDPA has the following divisions:

Custom Defensive Pistol
    Stock Service Pistol
    Enhanced Service Pistol
    Stock Service Revolver
    Enhanced Service Revolver

Tell us what gun and caliber you shoot, and we can tell you what division is appropriate. Also, you'll need a regular carry-type holster, belt carriers for two (and only two) magazines, and a concealment garment.
    You can find the details of each in the rules at International Defensive Pistol Association.

Top Bottom