• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • msquared

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 14, 2008
    The weather looks like it is going to cooperate!

Atlanta Conservation Club

8:00 AM Setup
    9:15 AM Registration
    9:45 AM Shooters Meeting
    10:00 AM Match Begins
    All times are nominal pending completion of setup. We will shoot year round, weather permitting.

RULES: Current IDPA rules - refer to International Defensive Pistol Association

NOTE: All matches at Atlanta CC are conducted under a COLD RANGE. That means all firearms must be either holstered (or bagged) at all times, unloaded, hammer down, with no magazine inserted. You may only handle your firearm at the direction of the safety officer (SO), or in the designated

Hope to see you there

smitty12b

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Mark
    Do you know what the round count is for the match? This will be my first IDPA match, how much different is it from IPSC?
    thanks
    Dave

BillD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Greenwood
    Both of the sports use pistols. Pretty much everything else is different.

Must wear a concealment garment. 10+1 unless you are shooting a SS then 8+1. Most shots are from cover, 1/2 body concealment. No more than 2 mags on the belt.
    Accuracy or the lack of can cost you more than in USPSA.

smitty12b

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Both of the sports use pistols. Pretty much everything else is different.

Must wear a concealment garment. 10+1 unless you are shooting a SS then 8+1. Most shots are from cover, 1/2 body concealment. No more than 2 mags on the belt.
    Accuracy or the lack of can cost you more than in USPSA.

I don't have the shooters vest like I see on the website, can I use a regular button down shirt if it covers everything? Other than that I think I am good to go

BillD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Greenwood
    Doesn't have to be a vest. Your shirt will be good to go. I'll probably use a zip up sweat shirt, with my keys in one pocket and my barney mag in the other. :)

msquared

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 14, 2008
    yup smitty, what bill said. I shoot both and they are both a lot of fun. This time of year i use my coat as my "cover" and in the summer i use an untucked button up shirt. They will cover everything you need to know in the walk through. Or do what I do and ask lots of questions.

Best advice I can give coming from USPSA to IDPA, be safe, have fun and take your procedurals like a man. I still get them for dropping mags on the ground occasionally.

Jeff said the round count will be 60 +/- 10.

see you there.

acetylcholine

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2009
    I've never been to an IDPA or USPSA match. Are they visitor/spectator friendly? Can you see what's going on by observing?

msquared

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 14, 2008
    Definitely. Come on out and have a look. Bring your eye and ear protection but if you do not have any, we can loan you some.

Hope to see you saturday.

smitty12b

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    One more question if I may. I just got a XD9 Tactical, will it fit in the box? I really want to try it out. If not I will just shoot a .45
    thanks

theturtle06

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Denver, CO
    It looks like fees are $15. You need a OWB holster, magazine carrier, a pistol, and some ammo. If you are interested in going, I will let you shoot my 1911 if you bring your own factory-loaded ammunition if you don't have a pistol to shoot. I am going to try to get a holster and a mag carrier of my own but I may need to borrow one from a friend.

Grizhicks

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    New Palestine
    Smitty12b -- Your XD is fine (unless you just want to shoot the 45). Round count is to be 60-70, so 2 boxes should be more than enough. I'll be wearing a tan INGO Tactical hat, so be sure to say HI. -- Greg

smitty12b

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Smitty12b -- Your XD is fine (unless you just want to shoot the 45). Round count is to be 60-70, so 2 boxes should be more than enough. I'll be wearing a tan INGO Tactical hat, so be sure to say HI. -- Greg

I think I am going to shoot a .45, I just don't have the 9mm ammo right now. Tan INGO hat, that should be easy to find in a sea of tan INGO hats:D I'll be wearing my OD Kimber hat. As I think about it my XDTac question was kind of stupid, if I can shoot a full size .45 why wouldn't I be able to shoot a 5" XD doh:n00b:

theturtle06

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Denver, CO
    Yes, that leaves you plenty of time to sign in and shot the **** with everyone. I will bring the extra holster and mag carrier for you just in case.

Ok good. I don't get off work till around 11, sometimes midnight (lame co-workers :rolleyes:) and I'd like to help set up but with an hour of travel, I'd have a tough time getting up early enough to help with setup.

smitty12b

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Ok good. I don't get off work till around 11, sometimes midnight (lame co-workers :rolleyes:) and I'd like to help set up but with an hour of travel, I'd have a tough time getting up early enough to help with setup.

I never get there early enough to help set up but I always stay and help tear down. They appreciate that just as much.

Top Bottom