• ...and so much more!
  • Winamac

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Logansport
    I think I've met Ralph as well. If it's the guy I'm thinking hes a nice guy as well. Seems like the only time I hear any of them say anything is if they hear someone shooting to fast.

I'll post up my experience after going Friday. I've always like Winamac and that's where we hold our Annual NWI INGO Youth shoot.

Yes, Ralph is a nice guy. I like the fact that he actually patrols the ranges for safety and calls people out when they are doing stupid things. I know some do not like it when he "corrects" them but I just take it as he is keeping safety first. I agree with you the Winamac range is a gem. Kind of a well kept secret. I will post my experience after my Sunday trip as well.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Just back from Winamac range. Spent about 4 hours there. 25 yard range seemed busy the whole time. Never went over there myself.

50 yard range is where i spent about 3 hours. Usually was at least 1 open bay the whole time. Finally have both 450 bushmaster Ars running flawlessly. Ran both 6.5grendel Ars and my precision 10/22 too.

100 yard range was filled when I got there but I spent the last hour there shooting the 6.5 grendel Ars and the 6.5 creedmoor bolt action.

200 yard range was occupied the whole time I was there, so didn't get to shoot 200.

When I left at about 3pm, the 50 yard was all open. No shooters and several bays open at 100. Not sure about the 25 and 200 was still occupied

All in all a great day. I love Winamacs facilities

Laughing Snake

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    SW Indy
    Went to Deer Creek the first day they opened back up. There was only one other person when I arrived but the sign in sheet had fifteen or so names from the morning. Five more people showed up as I was packing up and leaving. It was busy for a Wednesday but not busy overall.

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Made it down to Roush Lake shooting range today 5/24. My son and I had a very nice, much needed 2 hour range session.

Every other lane is closed, but other than that nothing much different. It was pretty steady the whole time we were there, but never anybody waiting on a pistol lane. We only took handguns today, so we didn't venture down to the rifle lanes. I'm not sure if there were times people had to wait or not.

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    Was at Deer Creek on Sunday, about 1.5 hours before close. Wasn't incredibly crowded; there were about 3-4 other groups of 2. I was the only 100 yd shooter.
    Was great to get out and kill paper again.

mr_camera_man

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 2, 2010
    Lake co.
    Does anybody have news on Willow Slough reopening? I don't see anything posted on the DNR website, and I've got ants in my pants. Although I guess Winamac isn't that much further of a drive...

radar8756

Works for Me
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   1
    Sep 21, 2010
    Westville, IN
    Drove past Kingsbury range on Saturday 24th about Noon ...

There was a Line to get in - not sure which section (Rifle / Pistol) ...

but there was a Lot of guns going off

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Does anybody have news on Willow Slough reopening? I don't see anything posted on the DNR website, and I've got ants in my pants. Although I guess Winamac isn't that much further of a drive...

All I know is Willow Slough is closed until further notice
    No idea why. Take the drive to Winamac. Very nice facilities and I have never had a bad experience there.

Top Bottom