• Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Felon Carry strikes again.

Am I wrong, or did the Indiana State Fair get through the entire run this year without any notable gun incidents?

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    The Kentucky State Fair used to be a great time, then they started with giving out free tickets to the “under privileged”, and this is what you end up with.

Last time I went was several years ago, and we went when the gates opened and stayed till about 2-3 in the afternoon, and it was getting sketchy then.

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    Read the article on it. Waistband moron is 20. Gonna be some 'splainin' to do about being 20 with a handgun, and how he came by it. Too young to buy one . . . so the $64,000 question is who gave it to him . . . and I don't believe Kentucky allows someone under 21 to be running amok in public with a concealed handgun.

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    History Lesson for Today:
    "Mexican Carry" originated in the 19th Century in Mexico, which had laws regarding civilians running around with handguns (revolvers). Carrying tucked into a belt with no holster allowed ditching the revolver(s) for later retrieval if Federales were in the immediate vicinity. If one had empty holster(s) it was very difficult to explain the reason for wearing empty holster(s) around and was compelling evidence of intent to violate Mexican Law. Not to mention the Federales would be then searching for the discarded revolver(s).

This has likely been posted elsewhere . . . but here it is again as one or more referred to Waistband Moron using Mexican Carry.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Most of Kentucky doesn’t want to claim Louisville anyway.

I used to enjoy going to fairs as much as the next guy but it just seemed like suddenly they became thug hangouts.
    Yep. But sadly the infestation is spreading to places like shelbyville, Elizabethtown, shepherdsville. It’s all Louisville trash, and I don’t mean to insult other trash, but Louisville trash is a special breed.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Read the article on it. Waistband moron is 20. Gonna be some 'splainin' to do about being 20 with a handgun, and how he came by it. Too young to buy one . . . so the $64,000 question is who gave it to him . . . and I don't believe Kentucky allows someone under 21 to be running amok in public with a concealed handgun.
    Too young to buy one from a FFL, not a private sale. I don't believe that KY is a "universal" background check state.

As for carry that depends. With or without license? OC or CC? Permitless 21 for CC, 18 for OC. KY doesn't issue licenses to under21, but they honor all out of state licenses. So if let's say they were from IN... I think it may be legal if they had their LTCH, but not positive.

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    Too young to buy one from a FFL, not a private sale. I don't believe that KY is a "universal" background check state.

As for carry that depends. With or without license? OC or CC? Permitless 21 for CC, 18 for OC. KY doesn't issue licenses to under21, but they honor all out of state licenses. So if let's say they were from IN... I think it may be legal if they had their LTCH, but not positive.
    Respectfully as I’m not sure how you intended your post to come across. It sounded like you were sort of defending the guy.

When you start being irresponsible on carry method to the point that you shoot other people how “legal” they were or technicalities on how they might have “obtained” the firearm is really not relevant period. The dude needs to go to jail and face whatever civil lawsuit comes.

Carrying a firearm is a Change in Lifestyle and people need to treat it like such period. And quit trying to defend idiots with “they could have bought it from an individual” or whatever nonsense scenario to justify the shooter for being a victim

Last edited:

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Respectfully as I’m not sure how you intended your post to come across. It sounded like you were sort of defending the guy.

When you start being irresponsible on carry method to the point that you shoot other people how “legal” they were or technicalities on how they might have “obtained” the firearm is really not relevant period. The dude needs to go to jail and face whatever civil lawsuit comes.

Carrying a firearm is a Change in Lifestyle and people need to treat it like such period. And quit trying to defend idiots with “they could have bought it from an individual” or whatever nonsense scenario to justify the shooter for being a victim
    Not defending him, just pointing out that it can be legal for an 18-20 yr old to buy and carry a handgun in KY. IN as well, and I'm sure some other states.

sparkyfender

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2008
    Southcentral IN
    I went last week and made it a daytime visit, we left about 5:30 p.m. Lots of families, no craziness

I ate lunch in the tent where the Kentucky Pork Producers were, lots of wholesome looking FFA kids around. When I got up from my seat, I noticed my shirt had been pushed up and my IWB Glock was shining bright. I covered it up and glanced around: there were a few people at the next table staring, but no one said anything.

Top Bottom