• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lawguns

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I second my opnion. I think that is a cut down bbl and stock and what I first thought mught be a bbl nut is the wood stock with a bbl band.

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Deadman's Hollow
    I recently wrote a paper for a class on stockholm syndrome and used her as an example. I saw that and I searched and searched, I couldn't find the type or make. Who knows what the SLA put in her hands for that picture.

rhino400

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Delaware County
    speaking of m-1 carbines, are they worth the money? thinking about picking one up.

I would say they are absolutely worth it. After receiving my first carbine as a gift I have since bought 4 more. They are awesome range guns. Not sure if I would use it for a SD gun though.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    speaking of m-1 carbines, are they worth the money? thinking about picking one up.

ABSOLUTELY! They are an awesome 200 yard and under gun! Have carried one in my truck for years (figure it survived WWII and Korea it will make a good truck gun) smiting coyote. If it'll kill a coyote at 200 yards I am pretty sure it will put the fight out of a man at 15 feet in my house too. Speaking ballistics it is comparable to the .357 Mag round.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    I suppose it could be, but looks wrong. The 15 rounders were straight, but the 30 rounders were curved, the .30 carbine round has a definite taper. It would be too long for even two 15 rounders taped together and two straight for two 30 rounders. The barrel also looks wrong the width is more like a M-3 SMG that an M-1 Carbine barrel, but it too short and the nut wrong to be an M-3. What .45 SMG can you mount a big, goofy hunting scope on?

Carmel, are the mags taped together "jungle style"?

Marshall74

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2009
    Michigan
    This is Patty Hearst.
    What in hell is she holding?

2rykeuu.jpg

Photograph of Patty Hearst in front of the insignia of the Symbionese Liberation Army holding an assault rifle. This image was taken during Hearst's time with the SLA and was released to the media to advertise that she had apparently joined their organization. Given its proliferation in the media, it has come to be the most recognizable image of both the SLA and Patty Hearst. According to court testimony, the gun is a modified full auto M1 Carbine with sawed-off barrel.

File:Patty Hearst.jpg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Zuzzy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2010
    It's been a year since last post, sorry bout that,
    but somebody will maybe be interested in seeing that the magazine inserted in this mock up funny gun is reverse pointed (?!?) Sten/mp40 magazine.

You can clearly see the magazine stop, back U groove stamping and cutout for magazine latch.
    Looking on the grooves on the side of mag - they are characteristic for mp40 magazine.
    If you don't believe me, search for pictures of that magazines, you'll see what I'm talking about.

Why the hell they inserted the sten/mp40 magazine in m1 carbine
    (or is it really m1 carbine ?)
    and reverse pointed it, don't ask me, you gotta ask Patty :):

I guess you can tell what will be the future of this political gang and analyze their (probably) chaotic psychology just by looking at the crazy mock up weapons they provided for the picture...

Top Bottom