• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Knife Lady

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Central USA
    Brad is on his way to Crown Point for the Gun and Knife Show and just called saying he is about 5 miles from his exit off of I65 north bound and he ran into sleet which has stopped both lanes on his side. Good thing he left early. Pulling a trailer behind him is not easy on sleet or ice. He says it is very slippery. So anyone up that way be careful. It is very slippery up there and it will only get worse they said on the radio. So far here it is only raining. Not a good night for the kiddies going trick-or -treating. Dress warm and drive slow. Looks like winter is coming early this year folks. Be safe out there.

snafu21

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 25, 2014
    Indianapolis
    Time to put the tow strap in the truck because my non-driving family will be calling to get them unstuck again this year.

AWD is both a blessing and a curse.

GLOCKMAN23C

Resident Dumbass II
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    S.E. Indy
    Time to put the tow strap in the truck because my non-driving family will be calling to get them unstuck again this year.

Yup, I love my 4WD, if they're not asking to move they're asking for a tow. Be safe people.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    I wouldn't say coming early.... Its later than last year.... we enjoyed temps in the 70's last week where as one year prior it was snowing.... THAT was early. I remember snow on Halloween most of my childhood, so I speculate that the weather is right on par.

terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am

Put a custom bumper on the back of my Jeep a few weeks ago and got clevis rings for it now. Got two recovery straps and might get a third. Might get more clevis rings. Also have a custom front bumper to go on it and mud tires (hopefully they do good in the snow).

Bluejeeper

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2014
    Montgomery County
    Put a custom bumper on the back of my Jeep a few weeks ago and got clevis rings for it now. Got two recovery straps and might get a third. Might get more clevis rings. Also have a custom front bumper to go on it and mud tires (hopefully they do good in the snow).

Is that rear bumper tied into the frame? Or just the crossmember like the stock bumper? I'd hate to hear that you tried to pull someone out and lost your bumper is the only reason I ask.

terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am
    Is that rear bumper tied into the frame? Or just the crossmember like the stock bumper? I'd hate to hear that you tried to pull someone out and lost your bumper is the only reason I ask.

Tied into the unibody frame via bolts that the exhaust and hitch go in with. Front bumper has tie in brackets that will replace my tow hooks. I take this XJ off road so everything is done correctly.

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    From my security camera. The stuff on the ground are leaves but the blurred lines are snow. Downtown Indy.

1921681127_02_20141031204104397_zpsa894ec81.jpg

MTN

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2014
    Laporte Co.
    Had a little accumulation up here, but nothing bad. 20'+ waves at the lake front. You can't even see the beaches anymore the waves are coming that far in.

Top Bottom