I would like INGO Police Officers to answer a question.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    I would like to do a Ride Along. I wasn't able to do the one I wanted to do earlier. I understand why that wasn't going to happen.

You can ask but there will be no further comment on that issue.

So, here are some things I need to disclose. I walk with a cane. I have kidney troubles but they work and I am not on dialysis. I have some back trouble but that is well controlled and I won't take or need to take any pain meds while on the ride. If needed, I can get a doctor who would say I am healthy enough to do the ride. I will abide any rules and will not do anything I am not allowed to do while on the ride. I have a car and can travel to the place to do the ride. I can walk without the cane slowly. I have a vest to wear if that is permissible. I have my LTCH, Lifetime, so if that is allowed I can carry my gun but I won't if it is not allowed. You may PM me if there are other concerns.

Or feel free to post here and I will PM you for details. I would prefer to have something close rather than hours away to my home in Terre Haute.

Thank you :ingo: and let me know please.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    IDC if I can't carry. I just want to do a ride along. I just think it would be fun to do.

In any case, if someone will allow this, I would sure to do as I was told and just ride.

TB1999

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 22, 2010
    I can't imagine any city would allow a ride along to carry. Good luck OP, that would be pretty fun to ride with an officer.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    As I said, I don't really want to carry. I just stated that I could.

I hope this works out but at the moment I sort of doubt it.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Has anyone mentioned that you probably can't carry?

Good luck with it. I rode with Frank once, it was real eye opening.

41U38lJvIYL._SY300_.jpg

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    Just call your local pd and tell them you want to ride. You will fill out a form and be told when and where to show up it's pretty easy. I get them all the time. Unless you specifically want to ride with an ingo officer.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Just call your local pd and tell them you want to ride. You will fill out a form and be told when and where to show up it's pretty easy. I get them all the time. Unless you specifically want to ride with an ingo officer.

Recruit the local PD officer to INGO, win-win!

Swom

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 16, 2016
    East Indy
    I rode with IMPD a few weeks back. The form you have to sign states you can't carry unless you have ILEA certification. But it was definitely worth the time to do it. Definitely encourage you to find a way.

Top Bottom