I Will Take My Uniform Off and Stand with Freedom Before I...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sarge470

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    The dramatic majority of us feel the same way as this officer. Regardless of what you may read in other threads, the rank and file police officer has absolutely no intention of confiscating guns, whether ordered to do so or not. Most of us were gun enthusiasts before we got on the job, and remain so. I know that my oath was to uphold the Constitution, and the Second Amendment is a part of the picture.

griffin

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2011
    Okemos, MI
    the rank and file police officer has absolutely no intention of confiscating guns, whether ordered to do so or not.

Yet history shows us it happens anyway. It happened in Katrina. One of the more senior LEOs here has stated that many younger guys in his department would have no compunction about disarming Americans. Just recently cops in New York stated that if told to, they would disarm New Yorkers.

:dunno:

JRPLANE

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Hagerstown, Indiana
    I really hope these officers will do as they say. But I think when threatened with dismissal and loss of pension, they will fold. What the police force should realize once the people are disarmed, how will the KING treat them? Pension? I doubt it. Once they the KING gets rid of most of the guns, he will have no need for most of the law enforcement, just the KINGS guard. Locall law will no longer be needed!

Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Apr 14, 2011
    Reality
    This guy seems legit...we will know what we stand for and we will know what LEO's who state they will stand for freedom will do with certainty only when the decision is imminent. Anything before that is merely speculation.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    This is the type of Police chief we need in ALL locales. Sadly, I just saw this morning that the Fraternal Order of Police is siding with the President on Gun Control.

Sarge470

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    First, let me say that the FOP is dead wrong on this issue, and that comes from a not-very happy member. The FOP, like many other collective bargaining units is not necessarily representative of its membership when it comes to political endorsements. I've never believed that the membership at the local level had a great deal of input into policy at the national level, especially with all the deal-making and arm twisting that goes on in Washington. Just like the UAW, Teamsters, and other labor-oriented organizations, the FOP's endorsement is probably a result of consideration being offered for something else that the FOP wants in other areas of discussion, like the elimination of the Social Security windfall penalty. In short, I suspect the national FOP leadership got bought off, but I just don't know what the payoff would be yet.

rsklar

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    What many of our legislators do not seem to realize is that MOST 94% of all police chiefs and Sheriff's support citizens rights to own and posses firearms for self-defense and sporting. (17th Annual National Survey of Police Chiefs & Sheriffs, National Association of Chiefs of Police, 2005).

They only latch on to the 6% of the Anti's out there.

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    First, let me say that the FOP is dead wrong on this issue, and that comes from a not-very happy member. The FOP, like many other collective bargaining units is not necessarily representative of its membership when it comes to political endorsements. I've never believed that the membership at the local level had a great deal of input into policy at the national level, especially with all the deal-making and arm twisting that goes on in Washington. Just like the UAW, Teamsters, and other labor-oriented organizations, the FOP's endorsement is probably a result of consideration being offered for something else that the FOP wants in other areas of discussion, like the elimination of the Social Security windfall penalty. In short, I suspect the national FOP leadership got bought off, but I just don't know what the payoff would be yet.
    Yup....
    It's time for a shakeup in the FOP leadership.
    Those guys are no different that the upper echelon desk drivers that are for gun control because the Mayor says so.

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    Aren't they all voted into office on a recurring basis by the membership?
    They're voted in by those that choose to vote.
    The FOP is no different than any other organization.
    Some vote and some don't.
    Just like those who didn't vote, or threw their vote away in a self satisfying futile "protest vote" for an alternative candidate, are just as responsible for "O" being reelected as those who actually voted for the butt hole.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Seyboldbryan
    Top Bottom