I was upset, then I didn't care. I tried!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    I purchased for my brother one of those 30 day freeze dried food packages for one to get him interested in being prepared. I had it shipped to him and he called me and said thank you!

About a week ago, he called me and said the food was great. He and his family ate the meals over a period of a week. :ugh:

danielocean03

Come in, Manacle Shark.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Hamilton County
    Now that you know he likes them, send him another for Christmas and tell him that they have a long shelf life to keep around in case of an emergency.

Archbishop

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    INDY
    This reminds me of the old joke about the man, who after making it big, bought his mother a bird that was one of a kind. It could sing and dance, talk philosophy etc.
    He called her a week later to ask how she liked the bird.
    She told him she love it, it was delicious.

csaws

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Morgan County
    I would say good on him for trying it out first. Maybe he's trying to involve his family and wanted to ensure everyone was ok with it before buying more.

Just a non bashing point of view

Similar scenario in my wife's family. Her dad kept stuff around his house, and his sons all made fun of him. When he passed they all took some to their houses.... weird?

trucker777

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2014
    WESTVILLE
    I purchased for my brother one of those 30 day freeze dried food packages for one to get him interested in being prepared. I had it shipped to him and he called me and said thank you!

About a week ago, he called me and said the food was great. He and his family ate the meals over a period of a week. :ugh:

I'm sorry, that was a hilarious story. :rofl: I bet your brother is quite a character:laugh:

bcd007

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2010
    Ummm, if he thought freeze dried food was great, what's he normally eating? :):

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw

This happened to a friend. He had repacked a 25lb bag of rice into smaller serving mylar bags with O2 absorbers. Few days later, his wife used one to make dinner. When he asked her about it, she replied "yeah, whatever" and proceeded to lecture him on his "stupid prepping".

Top Bottom