• ...and so much more!
  • RMC

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 7, 2012
    McCordsville
    Here's the tentative plan:

I just got this 4 Gen 35 and put a Lone Wolf 9mm barrel in it and it groups better than I expected. I want to do the trigger so it's setup for target shooting.......... 2-3 lb would be nice but the over-travel is what really drives me nuts.

I'm thinking about getting a Lone Wolf ported barrel in 40 cal to replace the stock barrel. (Hoping for better groupings.)

I also would like to get the 357 Sig threaded barrel with the compensator.

I'm thinking that with 3 configurations in the same frame it would be less likely to try using the wrong ammo.

Thoughts? Suggetions?

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    Enhancements to the gun won't matter unless you get used to the glock trigger. For slow fire pull the trigger to you hit the wall (trigger bar on plunger) and then slowly squeeze.

If you can't get that down, you might want to try a 1911 :)

releo 37

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    The 34 and the 35 come with Glock's target trigger{3.5 connector} and the adjustable sights. Get a better after market trigger and sights to start with and then get the barrel's that you want

RMC

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 7, 2012
    McCordsville
    The 34 and the 35 come with Glock's target trigger{3.5 connector} and the adjustable sights. Get a better after market trigger and sights to start with and then get the barrel's that you want

For my liking, there's too much creep in my trigger, and way too much overtravel.

Which triggers do you recommend?

bullet

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    Seymour
    Is this a target pistol or are you planning on completing with this? Some one correct me if I'm wrong, but ported barrels will put you in a pro class.

I have a G35 also and a Fulcrum trigger is next on my list of add ons. It is adjustable for pre and over travel. You might consider a non capture guide rod with differ springs, that way you can tune your gun to the different calibers.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Maybe time for another target gun if you are not happy with the trigger? You can never have too may guns :) exspecially if you by a 1911! lol

RMC

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 7, 2012
    McCordsville
    Maybe I'm just spoiled. I did trigger jobs on some of my target rifles to remove all the excess travel and the result was an incredible increase in accuracy. Perhaps I need to compare my Glock's trigger to someone's pistol that has a great trigger for target/competition shooting. On the other hand, a few new pistols might be necessary to achieve the ultimate goal of finding the need to buy a few new pistols. I'm sure my wife will understand......... NOT!

Are there any shooting leagues in the Indy area? I was St Louis today and burned up some ammo at my favorite range there. They do a lot of league shooting there and some fun bowling pin shoots every month. I think that would be a blast..... no pun intended.

bullet

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    Seymour
    For those who recommend getting a 1911 for a better trigger, I have a Springfield target 1911 that has one of the best triggers I've ever shot, but I still can shoot circles around it with my Glock 35.

Not saying that the G35 is a better gun, but 1911 isn't always the answer.

IMO the one major thing that helps me to be more accurate is the large mag well. It helps to position my hand in the same spot every time and also pushes my hand up higher on the pistol helping with recoil. It give me a good solid consistent grip and consistence equals accuracy.

Classic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Madison County
    Must Have

picture.php

RMC

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 7, 2012
    McCordsville
    I was looking the trigger over in my 35 last night. There is a considerable distance of travel from the safety to the "wall". The travel distance from there to when the firing pin releases is at least 3/16 of an inch and there is nothing smooth about it. Then there is another 3/16" of over travel. If this were just a self defense weapon it wouldn't be all that noticeable but I got this for target shooting.

I don't necessarily want a lighter trigger but a crisp trigger would be nice.

Top Bottom