I want to love the VP9 versus my Glocks but...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    Interestingly, I find that Glocks aim / point more naturally for me than any other semi-auto pistol out there. I grew up with single-action revolvers and am comfortable with the 18-degree grip angle.
    I do realize that not all handguns fit every individual and Glock is not exempt from that rule!
    I've done 'grip-mods' on several different Glock grips and it wasn't until the Gen 4 frames came out that I was comfortable with the full-sized frames (17 22 31).
    My wife prefers Beretta's and I do like the way her 92FS shoots!
    Thank goodness there's more than one manufacturer of firearms so that more people's needs and comfort levels can be attained!
    Respectfully did you have a mis type odr am I misunderstanding you? Stock Glocks have a 22 degree grip angle. 1911 and S&W M&Ps (and several others) have the 18 degree angle.

jdthieke

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 28, 2012
    So, I love the H&K VP9 series. The "people's pistol" by der uber brand that hates non-military / non-LEO Americans but loves our green.
    So, KD...why you no stocking the pistole? Being a multi source armorer, I do like the modularity of all things Glock. I like the availability of reasonable priced holsters, quality of aftermarket barrels, stocking of quality sighting systems, blah blah blah.
    The H&K fits my hand a heck of a lot better. The grip angle is idea, I shoot the VP9 a heck of a lot more accurately, etc. My small quibble why I don't have one? $50.00 per magazine! Out fricking ragious!! Yes ETS makes aftermarket mags. Are they durable enough for duty / CC ? Maybe. I have so many Glock mags that I bought when I had my business at jobber cost but can no longer get that kind of pricing for der wunder pistole. I also have no suppressor threading in the metric type of my Gemtech.
    I guess I am having a hard time justifying the switch. Plus not finding a good price on a used VP9 or even finding a good used one.
    Someone enlighten me as I am brain dead

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    It's so hard to beat a glock, they always go bang and are accurate. Nothing fancy, but they just work
    Which modern striker fired pistols don't work?

This is like saying that your car always starts and rolls down the road. Well damn, I hope so.

:):

MRockwell

Just Me
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Noblesfield
    Looks like you're not the only one @KokomoDave :

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Looks like you're not the only one @KokomoDave :

That is literally the same post from this thread. That joker just copy pasted it into a thread on TGT. Who does that? And why?

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    Which modern striker fired pistols don't work?

This is like saying that your car always starts and rolls down the road. Well damn, I hope so.

:):
    Very true. this isn't ye olden days where you have 1911s (that choke on hollow points), revolvers, and the M16 is an untested new plastic space gat. Even Taurus guns usually work pretty well these days.

I've seen as many malfunctions with Glocks as anything else, the problem is usually with mentality rather than manufacturing: people keep hearing "Glocks just work" and they take it to heart and they don't maintain them. Eventually they do fail. Other makes still have a reputation of "gotta clean it once in a while", people do so, and they run fine. I clean mags more than I clean guns and I don't have any Glocks.

Kinda like car manufacturers putting "lifetime fill" fluids and non-serviceable parts and then complain when it's falling apart at 120k miles. or no effing dipstick to check when fluids run low.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    Respectfully did you have a mis type odr am I misunderstanding you? Stock Glocks have a 22 degree grip angle. 1911 and S&W M&Ps (and several others) have the 18 degree angle.
    Brain fart...I went back and changed it!
    Working crazy hours and accidentally called the wife by her friend's name this morning...THAT went well! :)
    I need a vacation...

dekindy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2020
    Noblesville
    Have seen many examples of first time buyers comparing several handguns and instantly being impressed with HK. Then their is price. Lately I have been going for quality over quantity.

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    I had a PPQ Navy model. Not +P or +P+ rated and yes, I have cases of Hirtenberger that I still load in my mags.
    I have no need for a RMR like John Corriea mounted on his but the review on the VP9 has me sold. I am ambidextrous and I will have to retrain my brain and take a couple or 4 defensive pistol courses.
    I used to have a PSP and P7M8, USP9 and USP9 Compact. No spanks!

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    Check with Marksman Shooting in Westfield. They had one in there today. I used to have several HK's but sold them because of the cost of mags and sold my suppressors.

The family like their Glocks with 10 mags for each and holsters that work for them.
    Shoot! I wish I would've seen this post earlier!! I just left Carmel after neurologist / orthopedic doc visits. I could've checked it out. Oh bother!!!

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    Okay. < $800.00 shipped with tax later, I have one on the way...
    Now to abuse my debit card, I will buy a bunch of magazines because 4 just isn't enough!

Last edited:

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    I found OEM 17rd magazines for $32.00 / ea and bought 4 ETS magazines in clear polymer.
    Researching holsters meow. I already have a leather one left over from my USP carrying days so it will suffice for a bit.

bmbutch

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    I love my VP9 and VP9sk pistols. Patience and scouring a few websites and other forums, I've accumulated a nice stock of mags for both. Of course, nice stock is opinion based. Best price I've paid was $30/mag, highest was $39.99

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    And as you add more HKs, do the P30s next as they will use the same magazines. Then you can move to the USP line and start over magazine buying.

Top Bottom