I thought of Rhino at the Doctor's office...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    I had to go to the prompt care part of my Doc's practice to have my ankle x-ray'd yesterday. While I was there I had one of those moments when I realized I spend far too much time on this board.

Looking into the cabinet for securing items before going into the X-ray room itself I found myself thinking:

Rhino could never get all his carry weapons in this cabinet!

Doctor's office carry is always fun because you keep having to shift your concealed carry without being noticed. As I am laying on the X-ray table the tech says that I might have to remove my belt knife since laying on it would be uncomfortable. I did not let him know that the 642 that I was actively laying on was no better...

When I got an MRI last year I had the 642 and P3At to secure and the cabinet was quite large enough. But some here carry far, far more. :):

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    I read your subject line as "I thought of rhino at the Doctor's office."
    I now have that lovely visual BURNED into my f*cking brain, thankyaverymuch!

And now, by reading this, so do you. :laugh:

TomN

'tis but a flesh wound!
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Elkhart
    Oh, and I thought it was going to go like this.....

"The doctor made me turn my head and cough... and I thought of Rhino..."

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    As I felt the doctor put his left hand on my shoulder... no... it was his right hand...

:eek: Wait! He had both hands on my shoulders!

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I am deeply offended that my name, image, and concept have been sullied in this manner!

Scoundrels!

techres ... funny you should mention this. Back in 2002 I had to do a pre-employment drug screening (i.e. a peepee test). You had to empy your pockets of everything before you went into the room to fill the cup. I asked the nurse if she wanted me to remove everything from my belt as well, and she said it was up to me. I warned her ahead of time that I'd be putting weapons in there and she didn't bat an eye. They provided a medium-size safe on a cart for your convenience.

It took more than five minutes to empty all of my pockets and remover other gear. I managed to wedge it into the safe, but it was a tight fit. The nurse was thoroughly amused because it was like a magician who keeps pulling that really, really long scarf from his sleeve or when Austin Powers kept peeing after they awakened him. Just when you think it's over . . . it's NOT!

Top Bottom