• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dsol

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    Jeffersonville
    We have had our house on the market for quite a while. Got an offer last month, little low but we countered to a point where we only had to bring a couple thousand to closing. We had a second mortgage out on the place when we were trying to keep out business alive when we should have just cut and run. Anyway, came to an agreement and found a new place for us that fit all our needs. We have been needing a place with a couple of separate rooms and full bathroom for my mom. Ever since my dad died 11 years ago, it has been harder and harder to maintain two places.

So they had a home inspection, no big deal. We had a few things to fix, not a problem. Our windows are double pane wood original to the house, no fogging or anything, but they are painted shut. The inspector tried to justify his existence and bill by nit picking every little damn thing so he wrote up the windows as defective. So the buyers decided they wanted new windows installed.

Uh... **** no. We said we would get them functional and all of them would open. Why anyone wants to open windows (other than in a fire) in Southern Indiana which is the allergy capitol of the world is beyond me anyway. They are already getting the place below appraised value. Their realtor is very inexperienced and quite stupid. She has been steering them in the wrong direction at every turn. Got them asking for the moon since we had a place picked out and our offer accepted so she probably thought we were desperate and would give in. They implied that we were going to half ass the repairs and demanded windows and $5k instead of the repairs so they could have them done right. We don't have to move, we just want to. So I asked our realtor to tell them to **** off and die. I don't think she put it that way...

Harleyrider_50

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    So. Indiana
    We have had our house on the market for quite a while. Got an offer last month, little low but we countered to a point where we only had to bring a couple thousand to closing. We had a second mortgage out on the place when we were trying to keep out business alive when we should have just cut and run. Anyway, came to an agreement and found a new place for us that fit all our needs. We have been needing a place with a couple of separate rooms and full bathroom for my mom. Ever since my dad died 11 years ago, it has been harder and harder to maintain two places.

So they had a home inspection, no big deal. We had a few things to fix, not a problem. Our windows are double pane wood original to the house, no fogging or anything, but they are painted shut. The inspector tried to justify his existence and bill by nit picking every little damn thing so he wrote up the windows as defective. So the buyers decided they wanted new windows installed.

Uh... **** no. We said we would get them functional and all of them would open. Why anyone wants to open windows (other than in a fire) in Southern Indiana which is the allergy capitol of the world is beyond me anyway. They are already getting the place below appraised value. Their realtor is very inexperienced and quite stupid. She has been steering them in the wrong direction at every turn. Got them asking for the moon since we had a place picked out and our offer accepted so she probably thought we were desperate and would give in. They implied that we were going to half ass the repairs and demanded windows and $5k instead of the repairs so they could have them done right. We don't have to move, we just want to. So I asked our realtor to tell them to **** off and die. I don't think she put it that way...

He's there on'a bank/lenders behalf.......most legit lenders gonna require a home inpection......yeah.....THEY can be a sunvab***.....:twocents:

dsol

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    Jeffersonville
    He's there on'a bank/lenders behalf.......most legit lenders gonna require a home inpection......yeah.....THEY can be a sunvab***.....:twocents:

I have no problem with a home inspection, it pointed out a couple of things that we are fixing. But this one went above and beyond, they wanted a smoke detector in the basement moved (about 4 feet) to be closer to the water heater. I am not sure the buyers know which end of a screwdriver to hold. There are things that I would not ask for but simply do myself. Now the windows are just an insult. They will be functional, but the buyers are insisting on new windows. If they want a new place, then they need to go buy one. They will get half the square footage and maybe a garage for the money.

Harleyrider_50

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    So. Indiana
    I have no problem with a home inspection, it pointed out a couple of things that we are fixing. But this one went above and beyond, they wanted a smoke detector in the basement moved (about 4 feet) to be closer to the water heater. I am not sure the buyers know which end of a screwdriver to hold. There are things that I would not ask for but simply do myself. Now the windows are just an insult. They will be functional, but the buyers are insisting on new windows. If they want a new place, then they need to go buy one. They will get half the square footage and maybe a garage for the money.

:):......could'n agree more......I'd say...."If ya want it, here it is.....if ya don't, keep walk'n......an' don' waste my gawd***n time....."

I git same shizz from some prospective clients want'n work.....go meet'em, re-price stuff 2.....3 times.....after the 3rd discussion, meet.....I politely tell'em ta 'Ef up a rope........scheduled sumthin while they was drag'n a**......find sumbody else......:):

hotcorner5

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2014
    Indianapolis
    If your house has been on the market for a long time, you lose your negotiation power. The buyers probably think you really need to sell your house and after getting an offer signed, they are using a unethical negotiation tactic to tack on extras after a deal has been decided on. I would tell your realtor to handle it and if he or she can't get the deal done, then you could always consider pulling the house off the market and re-listing after winter. The housing market was getting pretty hot around late March last year. With every deal, you have to be able to walk away. I hope you find resolution soon. We should our house about 1 year ago. Very stressful!

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    Had an insurance inspector (after walking all the way around my house and having the property lines pointed out to him) ask if I had any livestock. I just smiled, waved my hand over my three biggest dogs and said "Just these three horses." Axxhxle put down that I had three horses. And about a dozen and a half other statements ranging from mistakes to bald faced lies.

Top Bottom