• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JosephR

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    NW IN
    I've decided against taking the time to dig up names and sending out a mass PM so I'll do it here.

I owe a few of you apologies. It's been a rough week. You probably don't care but the girlfriend has a small medical problem that could amount to something too serious to contemplate.

I've been short and I've come across as angry. I come here to "take a load off" and more often than not I've felt challenged and just decided to fight back.

I've been wrong, I've been right, but almost always I've been a real dick and my name's not Richard so I had no right ;)

To those of you that came into threads to support me, I really appreciate it.

To those of you I've pissed off weeks ago, you probably deserved it but I should apologize anyway. I never meant for us to develop hard feelings. I've received a lot of positive rep points today and just one measly negative, left over from someone who was butt-hurt at some point in the past who gave a reason of "I simply disslike you" which I thought was flattering. Maybe I corrected his spelling once?

Either way, I will continue to appreciate those of you who chose to deal with my attitude in the coming days or weeks and who continue to give me sound advice and support.

Thank you

Joe

:ingo:

:patriot:

Rlee

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    New Castle, IN
    Unsure if we have directly had words or not, but nothing a second chance isn't worth. Good luck on the issues that you endure in the coming days with your g/f.

Me and my fiance just talked about perfessionalism this evening. I tried explaining to her that it's not always easy to leave your feelings at the door. When I gave her an instance of her not keeping it professional in the past the shoe fit and so she wore it dreadfully.

We all have our days, try your best to get through it without acting out and if so be a man and admit fault.

Good job.

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN
    Joe,
    I hope everything works out with you girl friend's medical problem.

and as far as you rubbing anyone the wrong way,I havent noticed any of that. Im pretty new here but have already been able to tell who the dicks of the group are. we all have our bad days,weeks,months and when we do it doesnt take much for us to say F it and tell people what we really think or to "snap" on someone. Im sure the ones who have been offended recently will accept your appology and if not screw em.

mikea46996

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Winamac
    Joe hope the GF is OK. That being said only you could wrap butt-hurt up into that statement.

You know where I stand bro take from a previous hothead life is better when you quit letting **** **** you off.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    I've decided against taking the time to dig up names and sending out a mass PM so I'll do it here.

I owe a few of you apologies. It's been a rough week. You probably don't care but the girlfriend has a small medical problem that could amount to something too serious to contemplate.

Thank you

Joe

:ingo:

:patriot:

Man it's just an internet messege board. If ranting a little bit here helps you get through a tuff one in the real world then let it out. If ya want then just look up my threads until you find one that makes ya want to jump down my back. You'll probably have plenty of company and may be make a few new friends.

Honestly these medical problems can kill a person just worrying over them. I know only too well how much easier it is to say than to do but there is only so much you can do unless you are the doctor and then there's still a limit on them if they want to admit it or not. Like any thing else that's beyond our control, I leave it in God's hands when I come back to my senses from worrying over it. Rain on a concrete job or on the crops, bad news from a doctor, all you can do is your best. Provide comfort and the best you can do and that's it. Trust in God to do his part and try not to worry over it. I don't like it when every one else has got their nose in my job, who is going to know God's job better than He does? If He wants those crops in, concrete down, patient to get better, then no one in this world can keep it from happening. If that's not part of His plan then I doubt I am ever going to beg Him in to changing His plan. "God, I can only do what I can do. I'll bust my butt to pour the concrete. If you want it down there then it's up to You to handle the rain."

"God help us do what we need to do for my friend to get better. Guide us and put your spirit in to the doctors and surgeon's hands if it's your will we benefit. If it's not then please grant us the strength and sight to do our part in what ever Your will leads us to encounter."

Obviously I'm no preacher but that's pretty much the jist of where I go when it's time for a "gut check", last ditch, don't know what to do next situation. That's about the time I realise there's nothing much for me to do, it's beyond my ability to change, it's in Someone else's hands and all I can do is hold some one's hand or put my head down and get to work.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I wish you and yours the best.

Since you've had this epiphany, feeling the need for a half-assed attempt at an apology, maybe you might consider not wasting so much time for thousands of us who are here to learn something.

Every thread with your name turns into your personal pissing match. If the posts where you were arguing or trying to incite an argument were removed, you and Jack Ryan would have maybe a hundred posts between you. You should think hard about that. No one here signed up to be your therapist or your play toy.

Suggestion; post your opinion or knowledge once in a thread and move on.:twocents:

JosephR

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    NW IN
    RLee- No, we have not and ok. I had to either find the time to IM people individually and get it all straightened out or get something out there as quick as I could. I also wanted the people I've inconvenienced and wouldn't necessarily expect an apology to see.

Bazooka- Thank you and "ok", see above.

Relic- Thank you.

Mike- Thank you as well.

Jack- I see your point but I still felt I should apologize. Thanks for the kind words.

bwframe- I understand and I do try and post my opinion once and facts are posted until people stop trying to refute them.

Substance- Thank you.

RNM- Thanks.

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    The guy made an attempt to apologize...and I'll have to give him the benefit of the doubt that it's sincere...lame, but perhaps sincere. :): It's over and done with. We all have our misgivings. I'm sure I've pi$$ed off my share of people without intending to...and sometimes intending to.

Just remember...for every fact you can find...I can find 3 that say yours are... :bs: It's the internet...there is nothing you can't find here. Everything else is just opinion...and we each value our own more than someone else's. I'm far from the most educated guy in the world...but I'm full of opinions if nothing else...and probably full of :poop: more than my share of the time. :D It's only the internet...it's not like it's real or anything. ;) Now how about a beer!!! It's noon somewhere!!! :cheers: JosephR...hope all turns out well with the g/f. Let us know if there is anything we can do to assist you.

Bubbajms

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Delphi, IN
    Props for apologizing..

I remember reading a few posts and wondering, but I just kinda assumed you were having a bad day. Hope everything turns out okay for ya'll..

Boilers

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    All my life I've seen people go through serious medical issues, decline and death. The last 6 months of my life have been hell.

Use those times to direct yourself towards (inner) peace. That's all the advice I have. It burns up less of your body that way.

JosephR

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    NW IN
    P.Servant- Thank you for the insight and kind words.

Bubba- Glad you were never a victim ;)

WTFD- Thank you sir.

Richard- LOL WUT? ;)

Boilers- I could stand to burn up just a little of my body. I'm 32 and there's a little extra I could stand to lose. Seriously though, thank you.

JosephR

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    NW IN
    Nope, no derogatory ones, a handful of mean ones and a smidgen of nasty spiteful ones and only directed at a few of my fellow Type-A personalities. They know who they are.

jennybird

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Martinsville, IN
    We have Type-A personalities here? OHMYGOD WHERE?!?! Dammit Fenway... you didn't tell me!
    sofa.gif

Joseph, I'll give you a get out of jail free card. And I sincerely hope your girlfriend recovers quickly and completely.

Top Bottom