I need Opinions on pink guns from the guys and gals.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 66chevelle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jun 16, 2008
    greenfield
    My wife was scared of guns when we first meet but now she shots rifles and went out and got her gun permit on her own without me knowing until after she had filed. I have no problem with her having guns or caring one but she wants a pink one. She keeps looking at the pink P22. I have mixed feelings about this she has never owned a hand gun before and my fear is that we buy one and she doesn’t like caring it. Do you guys and gals think I should try to talk her out of getting one or do you think I should just let her and hope for the best? Are pink guns hard to sell say next year she doesn’t want it anymore?

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    For a gun to learn with and to shoot for enjoyment a P22 is a good choice...

...and picking out a gun for a girl is like picking our her shoes or purse... she just ain't gonna be happy... and if she isn't happy she won't use it.

For a gun she will carry to protect her life, that is a completely different question. A 22 is not a good choice for that purpose. There are pink guns in 38 Special, 9mm, and .380, and probably other calibers that are far better suited to self defense.

As for resale value, with all the "toys" that I buy for myself that are worthless in a couple year, I could care less if a $300 pink gun is worthless and goes out of style when lavender becomes the new pink.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    It's her gun. If she likes it, let her get it. You want her to have as much fun as possible, and enjoy the power of choosing and shooting HER gun.

If she doesn't like shootng, or just doesn't like the gun, you can always sell it.

clt46910

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Akron Indiana
    My daughter will start shooting a handgun regularly next year. She wants a pick gun I was thinking of starting her with a P22, so I will be looking for one then. I don't think you will any problem selling it.

Then again, what makes you think she will let you sell it? She just might want to keep it to practice with...LOL

Jezebel

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 6, 2009
    Bloomington, IN
    Yeah, but how many other people have a black gun? Lots. I know every time that I go into a gun shop with one of my friends, she always gravitates to the pink gun. No matter what, without fail. My advice? Go for whatever makes you happy. If that's pink, then rock on.

Top Bottom