I need help.. I keep buying Beretta pistols..

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Basher

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 3, 2022
    Lafayette
    Wow. They must have something really good up their sleeve, or the demand for other models is high enough (and for these low enough) that they’re dropping iconic models. Sad day!

Basher

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 3, 2022
    Lafayette
    Rumor is an expansion of the 80X Cheetah series is in order.

Hopefully to include a .22LR and .32ACP option! I’m being lazy here and asking rather than looking it up myself, but does anyone make wrap-around G10s for the 80X? I much prefer the arched back strap over the Vertec style…

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Hopefully to include a .22LR and .32ACP option! I’m being lazy here and asking rather than looking it up myself, but does anyone make wrap-around G10s for the 80X? I much prefer the arched back strap over the Vertec style…
    22LR yes, 32? I think that caliber just gets abandoned.

Who of anyone still makes anything in 32 anymore.

Gallery of guns just shows two guns in that Caliber made new now.
    Keltec P-32
    NAA-32 Guardian

Basher

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 3, 2022
    Lafayette
    22LR yes, 32? I think that caliber just gets abandoned.

Who of anyone still makes anything in 32 anymore.

Gallery of guns just shows two guns in that Caliber made new now.
    Keltec P-32
    NAA-32 Guardian

All the more reason for Beretta to keep it alive, it’s a fun little round! But aside from a very small (but dedicated) following, it’s definitely fallen by the wayside…

If they make an 87X or something to replace the original 87 (non-Target), I’ll be happy enough. The prices 87s bring are ree-donk-yoo-luss, so a less expensive, modern successor would be fantastic!

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I just wonder what the advantages are (besides the trigger action). DA/SA seems SO much more versatile.

In cocked SA mode, the trigger on my stock 92 seems just fine.
    Shot in the dark.....1911 guys seem to spend a lot tuning up their 1911s. Anecdotal observation on my part.

mikek

What, Me Worry??
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 24, 2019
    mooresville
    Welcome to the obsession, you got yours just in time, they posted those will be discontinued.

Getting a can for yours?

Here is my Maryland made bobcat,
    View attachment 319536
    Yea I’ve been wanting a bobcat and palmetto had them for $399 with free shipping and Beretta has $150 rebate on them until the end of December. So with tax it will be $278 after I get my rebate check

lrdudley

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 30, 2016
    Indianapolis
    I overlooked this thread, probably because the most active title when I log on always seems the be the CZ thread. I have made it through the first four pages and the last two, so I have some catching up to do. Thought I would share my limited Beretta collection.

My first one was inherited from my father. A model 1934 built in 1943. Dad was a MP in Europe during WWII. This pistol was confiscated from a German solder and was brought back by Dad. Only remember it being shot a few times growing up. The holster came with it. Since Dad came home in 1945, this handgun was not very old at the time.

My second Beretta is a 92S. This was purchased in early 2019 from Classic Firearms as surplus Italian Military Police sidearms as a project gun. The best that can be determined is it was manufactured somewhere between 1978 and 1982. To say that it was not pristine would be an understatement. 100% disassembled and sand blasted, then refinished with DuraCoat. Added G10 grips. The orange is a custom color so I can legitimately claim that this is the only 92S like it in the world. Added the red dot and used it for a couple of years shooting Friday Night and Monday Night Steel until the price of 9mm got too high.

Berettas 92S & 1934.jpg Beretta 92S .jpg Beretta 1934 #1.jpg

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I overlooked this thread, probably because the most active title when I log on always seems the be the CZ thread. I have made it through the first four pages and the last two, so I have some catching up to do. Thought I would share my limited Beretta collection.

My first one was inherited from my father. A model 1934 built in 1943. Dad was a MP in Europe during WWII. This pistol was confiscated from a German solder and was brought back by Dad. Only remember it being shot a few times growing up. The holster came with it. Since Dad came home in 1945, this handgun was not very old at the time.

My second Beretta is a 92S. This was purchased in early 2019 from Classic Firearms as surplus Italian Military Police sidearms as a project gun. The best that can be determined is it was manufactured somewhere between 1978 and 1982. To say that it was not pristine would be an understatement. 100% disassembled and sand blasted, then refinished with DuraCoat. Added G10 grips. The orange is a custom color so I can legitimately claim that this is the only 92S like it in the world. Added the red dot and used it for a couple of years shooting Friday Night and Monday Night Steel until the price of 9mm got too high.

View attachment 319822 View attachment 319823 View attachment 319824
    The 1934 is a sweet gun to shoot. Just wear a brimmed hat, the top extractor has a quirky habbit of dropping empty brass straight on your noggin lol.

12many

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Jan 29, 2011
    over there
    A couple of years ago I finally found a decent M1951 from a fellow INGOer. I really like mikek's .25 a lot, but have fondled many of the 1951's at gun shows and finally found one I wanted right here on good 'ol INGO.
    This has satisfied my Berretta needs.

LH.jpg RH.jpg

Top Bottom