I need advise and a idea on what this stuff is worth?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 66chevelle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jun 16, 2008
    greenfield
    I have been thinking about buying a reloader for shotgun shells lately. A guy I work with father in law is selling 2 of them. I was wonder your guys thoughts on these and what they are worth. One is a Ponsness-warren-inc. model sizeOmatic 800B for 12 gauge and the other is a Mec 250 for 20 gauge. His father in law isn't for sure what to ask for them and I am not sure what they are worth. Or if these are the ones for me since I have done very little reloading with a mec jr (maybe 100 shells). I do not have a 20 gauge but he wants to sell everything together. He said that these are about 20 years old but are in great shape he stopped using them because he couldn't shoot anymore he is 89 years old. They have been sitting in his basement for 3 years now not being used but he said that he keeps 2 dehumidifiers down there to keep them dry. If I do get them do you guys think the shot, powder, and primers are any good anymore?

Old Syko

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    I'd help if I could, but I quit loading scatter loads over 20 years ago when I figured out I could buy factory ammo cheaper than I could load it. Before you get into this check prices of shot, wads, primers and the like determine if it is something you really want to do.

m_deaner

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2008
    Eastside Indy
    Both of those presses are older models that have been superseded. The Mec 250 is almost the same as a Mec jr. And IIRC the Posness Warren 800x series was superseded by the 9000 series. The PW is probably a nice press but I have no experience with them. Some older guys in the shotgun club I used to belong to swore by them.

In the late '90s I was reloading 12-gauge for $2.40/box, so it did make sense for me to reload.

Top Bottom