• Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    Hello,

The depriming pin on my Lee .45acp broke on an off-center hole.

Lee is taking forever to send the new one. I'm wondering if anyone has a spare laying around..? I will, of course, be willing to pay for it.

Thanks,

Josh

Lock n Load

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    146   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    FFort
    Hello,

The depriming pin on my Lee .45acp broke on an off-center hole.

Lee is taking forever to send the new one. I'm wondering if anyone has a spare laying around..? I will, of course, be willing to pay for it.

Thanks,

Josh

WOW !!! Stay on them, keep calling them. I broke one and had them send out two pins... called on a Monday and had them by Thursday. I broke another so I dont have a spare.

I was breaking them on 7.62 military cases so I purchased a universal decapping die for under $20 shipped and its running great.

Also, these pins are just standard dowel pins like we use in the machine shop for alignment on dies and fixtures. I will try and get the length and diameter for you, most good stocking hardware stores should have them.

walt o

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2008
    Hammond
    Do you have any other lee die sets ? All the decapping pinches are the same and will interchange . Call kempfs they will put one tn the mail today.

Lock n Load

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    146   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    FFort
    The pin in my decapper die is: .062" x .500" or 1/16" by 1/2".... and its a dowel pin, ground OD and hardened.

Its a press fit into the bottom of the die, and after a couple of uses it will fully seat itself.

I have found that ACE hardware has a good selection or try Lowes..?

HTH,

Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    Hello,

This is what it looks like:

2167.jpg

I went to the gunstore and found a universal decapper, but it doesn't do any resizing. It does say up to .25 caliber, but I'm guessing, from the length, they're talking rifle calibers.

It seems to work, and I can replace the small pins.

It looks like this

Sizer.jpg

only it's a not a sizer, just a decapper, and I can't find it in RCBS's online catalog. P/N 87580, Miscellaneous.

The Lee Factory Crimp Die will resize the cases, so no sense doing it twice (|: UP

Figure I'll find something to use the Lee resizing die for when the repair parts get here.

Thanks,

Josh

Eddie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    North of Terre Haute
    I have a post somewhere on here about a similar problem. I used the steel wire that is used for a hot wire fence and cut a piece to the right length. It was for a nine millimeter die. The wire is 17 gauge wire.

Lock n Load

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    146   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    FFort
    The piece that I am referring to is the small pin at the bottom, if thats all you broke then get the dowel pin.... if you broke the larger piece then its up to Lee for a replacement.....

The small pin is a press fit but it will come out, of course if it broke off even with the bottom of the larger piece then thats more complicated too.

Top Bottom