• ...and so much more!
  • wagyu52

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    South of cob corner
    Pain and despair.
    Then for a split second I saw her, in the pasture, on the north side of the creek were it opens up along the woods heading east, you know the spot. She was running in green grass stretched out with sun in her face and the wind at her back, in her prime, stride for stride keeping up with the ranger heading for home.
    Then she was gone.
    Good bye Tank, our time with you was way to short. Thank you for the good times so sorry for the bad.

C06F2AA2-E9AF-47C8-BE06-6A9E622C64C9.jpeg 25CC2C0A-1B4A-4FE3-8BAB-7CE12610FED6.jpeg 89EE95F3-17AA-4188-A0C6-3A6A7F3A73A9.jpeg

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

Rainbow Bridge​

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.​

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
    There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
    There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
    The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

wagyu52

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    South of cob corner
    Thank you all for the kind words.

Just want to send a special thanks to University of Illinois vet school, Top notch in our books.

They took Tank for a week a year ago, pumped 3 liters of fluid from her chest cavity and gave her excellent care. We capped her care at 2K, they never could find a for certain cause except the fluid was from her lymph nodes.

Put her on a low fat diet, she lost weight over the summer and was her old self but had to regularly be drained. Hindsight, every time seemed to cost her a little till last week when she just didn’t respond.

With cold weather coming next week, would have been brutal on her lungs not to mention I really didn’t want to loose her on Christmas weekend.
    I’ve been around my share of dogs put down but have never seen one go that fast, she never even twitched, I doubt she would have lasted, especially through Christmas .

She has a beautiful spot and is plenty deep, gets to stay on the farm forever.

Top Bottom