• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TTravis

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2011
    Plainfield / Mooresville
    The world needs good parents. Parents who are willing to adopt a foster kid and give him/her a better home deserve a lot of respect.

I raised three of my own kids in a home with guns. They all learned about guns at an early age and gained a lot of self confidence and respect in the process. Today they are all responsible adults with LTCH and their own guns to protect their homes and families.

I don't think the state of Illinois will win this case. I do hope and pray we will get a Supreme Court that supports the 2A.

IMO, Ownership of firearms should not be considered when allowing people to adopt kids. There are plenty of other things that need considering, but firearms is not one of them.

[video]http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/07/14/illinois-gun-restrictions-unfairly-target-foster-parents-lawsuit-claims.html[/video]

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Blatantly unconstitutional.
    This is the very definition of infringement.
    This would not even make it to court if it weren't Illinois.

corngrower

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 26, 2012
    Fortunately Indiana is not that way. When we adopted our son through DCS as a foster placement all they require is you have locked storage to separate firearms and ammunition. Glad someone is taking Illinois to court

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Fortunately Indiana is not that way. When we adopted our son through DCS as a foster placement all they require is you have locked storage to separate firearms and ammunition. Glad someone is taking Illinois to court

My son is fighting for Custody of his daughter. She is in the care of CPS as the mother is a complete whack job.
    He has observed visitation right now. CPS came to inspect his home and one of the lady's found his shotgun carry bag in a closet and went spastic.
    This set him back in the case as they are saying he has an unsafe home. His lawyer pressed the judge that a "Case" is not dangerouse and the guns are safely locked up. Eventually the judge agreed but damn, this is terribly wrong.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    Way too many liberals in positions to impact a Childs welfare. It makes me sick that these kind of people have a voice when it comes to child care.
    And some of them don't have children themselves, so they have no clue what it is like to even raise a child.
    They just use a set of Government guidelines to make decisions that not only impact the child, but the parents as well.

We need a cleansing of those that are currently in power, on EVERY level of Government.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

sidewinder27

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 1, 2011
    Plainfield
    Way too many liberals in positions to impact a Childs welfare. It makes me sick that these kind of people have a voice when it comes to child care.
    And some of them don't have children themselves, so they have no clue what it is like to even raise a child.
    They just use a set of Government guidelines to make decisions that not only impact the child, but the parents as well.

We need a cleansing of those that are currently in power, on EVERY level of Government.

I have known a few DCS child welfare workers and their lives were just as bad or worse then some of the homes they were taking kids from.

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    My son is fighting for Custody of his daughter. She is in the care of CPS as the mother is a complete whack job.
    He has observed visitation right now. CPS came to inspect his home and one of the lady's found his shotgun carry bag in a closet and went spastic.
    This set him back in the case as they are saying he has an unsafe home. His lawyer pressed the judge that a "Case" is not dangerouse and the guns are safely locked up. Eventually the judge agreed but damn, this is terribly wrong.
    Figures, some Liberal social worker woman shows up, not really knowing her butt from apple butter, and freaks out. Sad thing is, these mentally unstable people hold a lot of positions within our communities, that allow them to project their fears upon our lives. Despicable. :twocents:

Top Bottom