• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    I'm a boomer who hires millennials so I can understand frustration over different values. But maybe the kid went to ER and the MD said to stay off his foot? Maybe he just wanted an extra day off before the holiday? Who knows? But either way, there seems to be two problems in this situation. If you work with kids and write a post titled "I hate working with kids" maybe you should look for a new job? Our kids deserve better mentors than people who hate them. Just sayin'.
    I don't think he meant it the way you're taking it.

mcolford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 8, 2010
    Ive had a job since 16, Full time job a month out of high school, closed on my house at 19. Will be out of debt mid 30's. I have a locked in retirement with the state (been there for over 10 years). All the while I have a family member that is a couple years younger than me that has pissed away 2 full rides to college, constantly broke, and takes NO responsibility for her short-comings (blames everyone else). Purely frustrating.

I look at a lot of this generation of idiots I was born into, and shake my head. They have no clue, no work ethic, and no plan. I have a decent job, my life pretty locked in, wife has a good career, and weve got our ducks in a row. I dont get the people that DONT go to work when they should, but think they are entitled to a piece of the pie.

Lucas156

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Greenwood
    Ive had a job since 16, Full time job a month out of high school, closed on my house at 19. Will be out of debt mid 30's. I have a locked in retirement with the state (been there for over 10 years). All the while I have a family member that is a couple years younger than me that has pissed away 2 full rides to college, constantly broke, and takes NO responsibility for her short-comings (blames everyone else). Purely frustrating.

I look at a lot of this generation of idiots I was born into, and shake my head. They have no clue, no work ethic, and no plan. I have a decent job, my life pretty locked in, wife has a good career, and weve got our ducks in a row. I dont get the people that DONT go to work when they should, but think they are entitled to a piece of the pie.

yeah if only everyone was as smart and holy as you.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I never understood people that work and live like that. I'm always at least 15 minutes early for work. I'll sit back sometimes and watch some of the technicians in the company hit the door running at 7:59 a.m. in a mad dash to reach the time clock before eight. I understand things happen, but it's the same guys multiple times each week that go through this routine.

I always had this philosophy... "Early is on time, and on time is late."

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    I'm a boomer who hires millennials so I can understand frustration over different values. But maybe the kid went to ER and the MD said to stay off his foot? Maybe he just wanted an extra day off before the holiday? Who knows? But either way, there seems to be two problems in this situation. If you work with kids and write a post titled "I hate working with kids" maybe you should look for a new job? Our kids deserve better mentors than people who hate them. Just sayin'.

It is my responsibility to get these jobs at IU done on time, so when the young man didn't show up, it jeopardized some time-sensitive projects worth thousands of dollars, so I was definitely feeling the heat when I made the thread. Next time, maybe I'll title the thread, "Gosh I Really Wish the Younger Generation Had the Same Values and Work Ethic That My Generation Seems to Have."

Top Bottom