I had the strangest encounter today and just feel like I have to tell somebody about it

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • blain

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2016
    Evansville
    "Have you ever once in your life been lost on the road, observed a police officer on an active traffic accident or traffic stop, and decided that the proper course of action is not to ask the (currently occupied) police officer for directions, but to bypass him entirely in favor of asking the subject of the traffic stop?"

No, but you can't deduce much from my experiences.
    I've never seen a sunset in the south of France. I've never climbed summited Mount Rainier.
    I've never robbed a liquor store. I've never seen a baby Jaguar born in Costa Rica.
    I've never run for political office. I've never made a meatloaf. I've never seen Neil Diamond live in concert.
    I've never fired an M134. I've never eaten breakfast at a Denny's in New Hampshire.
    All in all, I guess it's been a fairly boring life. :(

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I do not think the trooper looked up from his computer once during this entire interaction. :stickpoke:

Eventually trooper comes up and gives me my documents back. I ask about the lady's insurance, and ehhhhh looks like they're working on it. Again, fun. Now I'm waiting on him to ask me what that whole thing with Player Three was about. He doesn't. He doesn't acknowledge it at all. Now I'm actually wondering if I hallucinated the entire conversation. I can't leave it at that, so I pipe up and tell him about the guy asking for directions. His response? "Huh? Oh, okay. Well drive safe, we're all set here."

It's weird out there. I hope he found his way to Mooresville. :dunno:
    So much for situational awareness it seems. I get it, being focused on the activity at hand, but that can turn out pretty bad when you are a trooper alone on a scene.

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County

Slow Hand

Master
    Rating - 99.3%
    146   1   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    West Side
    It amazes me how oblivious people are. It’s scary when it’s a cop in todays world. I do my best to avoid the public in general, but I work Maintinence at a hospital and it seems the vast majority of people walk around with their face glued in their phones 98%of the time. I just laugh and think how easy it would be to be a smash and gray thief these days!

”he just came out of nowhere!”

nope, he’d been following you for ten minutes but you never once looked up from your phone as you meandered a zig zag pathway down a hallway…

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    If this is a parody or spoof, I'm biting.

With the Trooper's level of situational awareness he might want to find a new line of work. (You didn't ask if he was involved in a traffic stop and service weapon discharge at a Linden man working on a car along U.S. 231 did you?)

Someone recently spoke of "Condition Clear", the description seems to fit for both the Trooper and directions man.

I thought I could be oblivious and trusting. I'm Col. Cooper compared to these two.
    And it describes me...unfortunately.

I was heading home from the woods after a squirrel outing (unsuccessful). Everything I had with me was unloaded and bagged. Plan A was to throw the water at him.

stocknup

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 28, 2011
    Monrovia area
    Well, he OBVIOUSLY thought you looked like you were from there, so you would be the one to ask. :dunno:
    Harsh but fair
    From being born and raised in Mooresville , I was wondering the criteria one has to have to "Look from Mooresville "
    Just wondering if I should consider changing my look . ( you know , like putting on a few pounds and getting another tooth or two ) ..........( and no ,I am not buying a new car , my jalopy gets me by just fine )

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    From being born and raised in Mooresville , I was wondering the criteria one has to have to "Look from Mooresville "
    Just wondering if I should consider changing my look . ( you know , like putting on a few pounds and getting another tooth or two ) ..........( and no ,I am not buying a new car , my jalopy gets me by just fine )
    Apparently step one is to lose half your hair

Top Bottom