I got to thinking, Does any one on here wear a watch?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • abnk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    I picture ancient Greeks wearing some more like this
    1_716c4de4ad28404ee163d7a28ffa6244.jpg

Unpossible; note the Roman numerals. :p

ljadayton

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    SW Indy
    I can't stand not to wear a watch. Drives me crazy not to have one on. I laugh at people that are pulling out the cell phone every two minutes. Ask some one who is talking on the phone with no watch on what time it is. They turn in circles not knowing what to do.

nah....that's easy...I just stop talking and look at the face of the phone...

Haven't worn a watch in years...I tend to kill them :dunno: and I ALWAYS have a cell phone with me so I just use that. If I wore an actual watch to work I'd end up ripping the band on something or killing it in water....I know me

cburnworth

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2010
    I love my eco drive. I am not gentle on watches, but it has taken all of my abuse. I also have a sector that has taken all my abuse also, just needs a battery.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Can't. Every time I've tried, no matter if it was a wind-up, battery, analog or digital, they all stop running on me and most of the time won't start back up for anyone else either.
    Haven't tried wrist-watches for years...but I've got a drawer full of dead ones!

Obviously you have a magnetic personality...

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    I have two Eco-Drive Skyhawks, a Casio dress watch and a Casio Pathfinder, as well as a couple heart monitor/watch combos. As a long-time pilot, not wearing a watch is akin to not wearing pants; normally I wouldn't go outside without either one.

Mitch B

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2010
    indiana
    No I don't wear a watch. I have a nice Rolex that I got for a graduation gift but I could never get used to wearing it.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I wear a Citizen EcoDrive Skyhawk Titanium. It is light weight and the link band has a lock, so it doesn't come loose. I love this watch.

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Tampa, FL
    I have a couple zodiac watches I switch between. If you go to the Fossil outlet in Michigan city, you can occasionally find one between 50 and 100 bucks that retails for about $400. I love these zodiacs.

indianajoe

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 24, 2009
    Fishers
    Been a while in this thread. Sometimes it's about the watch, sometimes it's about something more.

I’ve never been one for jewelry. At most, you might see a $30 Timex on my wrist, the kind with a rubber watchband. No necklaces, no bracelets. No pinkie ring. I wore a wedding band for a year in my mid 20s and left it on the kitchen table when that was all over.

I’ve loosened up over time. Even so, most of what I wear today is made of bone or paracord. The “survival bracelet” on my right wrist comprises eight feet of braided 550 cord. The adventurer in my head tells me I might unravel this to use as an emergency rifle sling or to tie up a bad guy or perhaps apply as a tourniquet. Save the day. In reality, I’ll probably use it to replace a broken bootlace or something equally unheroic....

The rest of the story:
    Patina

IMG_1975_zps2abcf16e.jpg

Last edited:

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I'm looking forward to picking up a Citizen Eco Drive atomic watch soon. No battery needed and you never have to set it.

Top Bottom