• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    A quick range report but without pics, sorry...next time.

I have not been to the range in many months; 8 maybe? Years back I hurt my left arm and it had some nerve damage that caused weakness in my left hand. I had a XDM 3.8in that I gave away because I could not rack it. I was without for a while until I bought a S&W EZ 9mm, which worked well for me but just did not feel comfortable with it. I replaced it with a XDE 3.3in and liked it quite but my accuracy was not the best with it - I was not consistent.

Enter the CZ75 BD.

I was very concerned with how it would be to rack since is has a smaller grip area and some complaints are how hard it is to work the slide. NO PROBLEM here. I can easily grasp the slide and it is much easier than my old XDM.

I read how many people do not like the triggers on some of the CZ's. The initial trigger pull is noticeable but the follow ups are smooth and consistent. I found the follow ups felt better than the XDE, not sure how to explain that. Maybe it is because the CZ just fits and feels better in my hand?

General feel? Never had a semi that felt so comfortable in my hand. As I said, I have never had a full size before and I was worried about how it would feel, especially when full loaded. It IS heavier than what I have had but not too heavy. I was able to control it without difficulty. The decocker is positioned nicely. My hands are not very large but I am able to easily manage the decocker with my thumb. The mag release was a tad stiff but it's new and it has started to ease up with use. Loading the magazine was hard and I am glad I have a maglula. Breakdown is simple. Nothing else needs to be said about that.

Sights? Well to be honest, I wish they were a bit better. The tritium? sights are not bright at all and somewhat small. I will not change them out but rather practice with what I have.

On target? I'm not a marksman, never was with whatever I had. I usually would use 8 x 10 sheets of paper at various distances and always made target, but groups were never tight. I wear trifocals which adds another hurdle. Enter CZ75. My goodness! First time out I was on target with 2 - 3 inch groups (good for me) at 10yds, consistently. My off target hits were mostly due to either inconsistent aiming through my glasses or not taking time (concentrating). Recoil was less snappy than what I have shot before. I tried a variety of ammo (115, 124, 147) federal, PMC and general range ammo with out any problems. I preferred the 115 & 124 just because it felt better to me.

Weight, well it is heavier but too heavy. I do not have a holster yet but did wear it in a 511 fanny pack for a while. It's heavy but not too heavy. We'll see how it works after I get a holster. It won't be an everyday carry but will be for special occasions.

I need to practice and work on my skills with it. I put about 150 rounds through it and truly love it.

I'm not good at writing reviews. In a nutshell it is one of those "why did I wait for so long" thoughts. I am happy the wait is over. I now need to figure out how to get to the range more often.

One habit change that is needed. My XDE has both a decocker and safety; the CZ just has the decocker.

Top Bottom