• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 6mm Shoot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2012
    Hi all. I just finished my 80% builds.

I am very happy with the way the AR came out. Well I am very happy with the way they came out.

The 80% AR I painted using paint from Lowes and didn't like the way it came out. The stuff pealed off in stripes. I redid it using Duracoat and it came out much better. No pealing and it seems to be a very tough finish.

I also did a 10-22 80% from Select Fire. I painted the action on it too. Duracoat is great stuff. I have not had a chance to shoot the 10-22, the scope hasn't come in yet. Well I fired to test out how well it worked. It works fine. I put 10 of the 60 gr Aguila that it was built for through it. They all fed and fired. No problems so far.

I had to cut the stock off at the end and hog it out for the bull barrel. The stock had so many scratches and dings in it I sanded it all down and painted it. I painted it teak and trimmed it in light green. The action is painted dark earth just like the AR.

I have tried to post pictures of them but have had no luck. If some one wold like to post them for me I will E-mail them to you. I give up on trying to do it.

All has gone well with the 80% builds. The 10-22 was the easiest and all you need is a drill press and some bits. Well the jig is a great help. If you don't use the jig you will have to lay out all the holes from the drawing. If you like to tinker and have a few shop tools you can do this. I really liked doing it.

You all have a great day.

The line below is to the pictures I hope.

1z3bfko.jpg

2zrl4p4.jpg

9h2an7.jpg

8zny9h.jpg

Last edited:

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I have been looking at the 80% select fire on line and was going to ask on the reflector if anyone had gone one locally. The barrel hole looks to be the most challanging. Did you use the drill bits from them? I would love to here about your experience. Thanks for sharing your pics! Awesome!

6mm Shoot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2012
    1911ly I used a drill press and I drilled it from a 1/4 to the 11/16 in 1/16 steps. It worked out fine. I did get there bit set and used them. The factory barrel in my wifes fit a little loose but my 1 in 9 twist bull fit tight. The difference was in the barrels not the holes.

The 1 in 9 twist is for the Aguila 60gr bullets. I bought a bunch of them at a good price and had nothing that would shoot them till now. I hope they shoot as well as I have been told they will with this twist.

I didn't post pictures of the wifes rifle because it looks just like any other 10-22. Factory barrel and stock.

I will give you a heads up. You can't use the factory sights on the factory barrel with the Razor receiver. The built in scope rail blocks the rear sight. So if you plan to use irons you will have to buy new ones if you us the Razor. I think the ones on a AR will work for the rear but I think some thing will have to be made for the front. I am telling you this because I want one with irons for back up. I think that will be my next project, putting together irons for my rifle.

As I stated above it was a fun project and wasn't hard to do. Just take your time and check every thing several times before you drill. You have a great day and good luck if you decide to do one.

Dusty711 thank you for the kind words. Thank you too Bennettjh.

Last edited:

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    1911ly I used a drill press and I drilled it from a 1/4 to the 11/16 in 1/16 steps. It worked out fine. I did get there bit set and used them. The factory barrel in my wifes fit a little loose but my 1 in 9 twist bull fit tight. The difference was in the barrels not the holes.

The 1 in 9 twist is for the Aguila 60gr bullets. I bought a bunch of them at a good price and had nothing that would shoot them till now. I hope they shoot as well as I have been told they will with this twist.

I didn't post pictures of the wifes rifle because it looks just like any other 10-22. Factory barrel and stock.

I will give you a heads up. You can't use the factory sights on the factory barrel with the Razor receiver. The built in scope rail blocks the rear sight. So if you plan to use irons you will have to buy new ones if you us the Razor. I think the ones on a AR will work for the rear but I think some thing will have to be made for the front. I am telling you this because I want one with irons for back up. I think that will be my next project, putting together irons for my rifle.

As I stated above it was a fun project and wasn't hard to do. Just take your time and check every thing several times before you drill. You have a great day and good luck if you decide to do one.

Dusty711 thank you for the kind words. Thank you too Bennettjh.

Thanks for the tips. I had thought about using a hone to bring in the last few thousands on the barrell. A scope was in the plan so the sights are not going to be a issue. I have a few new Green Mountain barrels on hand to try. I have one I completed last year and it is a tack driver! I will be doing one now! You set the hook! Just real me in lol.

Thanks!

Top Bottom