• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • g.mccormick

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    New Whiteland
    After work I took a little drive over to camby with my Taurus PT140 in tow. I visited Bradis and talked over some AR-15's (couldn't quite get myself to pull the trigger on one yet).
    I then shifted my attention to a new pistol. I looked at xd40sc, glock 26, 27, and 19. I finally settled on a g19 with night sites. It probably took me 30 mins or more talking with the salesman (I think it was Walter??) trying to decide on which pistol to buy. I already own a service xd40 and love it, but decided to try a glock. The 19 seems very nice.
    Its an Austrian import, atleast Im pretty sure, It says "Made in Austria" on the side of it.
    I traded in the pt140 on it.
    Can't wait to shoot it.

Tandem160

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Congratulations..an imported Glock! I don't know how many they imported but, I believe anything "imported" will increase in value sometime this year. Everybody has re-focused their attention to the economy so I'm thinking a gun ban is coming soon.

jmb79

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Wyoming
    Congratulations..an imported Glock! I don't know how many they imported but, I believe anything "imported" will increase in value sometime this year. Everybody has re-focused their attention to the economy so I'm thinking a gun ban is coming soon.

A lot of Glock 19 with Austrian proof marks are being imported and sold right now. Glock has been importing them because they cannot keep up with post-election demand using only their USA production line(s).

They are Glocks and will never have any more or less value than non-import marked Glocks.

Lock n Load

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    146   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    FFort
    G19?

You will not be disappointed.... I believe the G19 is very tough to beat for a carry pistol.

Good to see Bradis getting some in, I have a G17 that I need to get rid of for another G19.....hmmm.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Good to see Bradis getting some in, I have a G17 that I need to get rid of for another G19.....hmmm.

g.mccormick probably got one of the last Austrian-proofed G19s; we got a batch in late last week that had the normal "Glock Inc., Smyrna GA" markings and US proofs, so it appears that domestic production of the compact frames is up and running.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    but decided to try a glock. . . . . . I traded in the pt140 on it.

I too traded in a PT140 MilPro (first carry gun) for my current Glock 19. I have NEVER regretted it. You won't either.

You might, however, start to become "jaded" and no longer care for Taurus-type pistols. . . :D

Welcome to the Dark Side.

g.mccormick

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    New Whiteland
    I too traded in a PT140 MilPro (first carry gun) for my current Glock 19. I have NEVER regretted it. You won't either.

You might, however, start to become "jaded" and no longer care for Taurus-type pistols. . . :D

Welcome to the Dark Side.

You know, that little taurus is an excellent pistol. The trigger was hard when I first got it, but several thousand dry fires later it became pretty darn smooth for a dao trigger. Great gun, I just had no real attachment to it.

Speaking of triggers, the glock trigger kinda sucks compared to my xd40. I guess i will just have to get use to it.

Viper393

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Clark County
    I went through the same thing last year. I ended up trading my PT140 for an XD40SC. I really liked my Taurus but I love my XD. I hated to trade in the Taurus but I didn't need two .40 sub-compacts. My XD is my daily CCW and it has eaten everything I've fed it without fail.

Top Bottom