• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GREEN607

Master
    Rating - 99%
    99   1   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    INDIANAPOLIS
    You all seem to be totally mis-undersatnding my point....... it's apparently a waste of my time, as you all seem to all have a LTCH already..... and didn't miss out on a nice rifle purchase, as I just did.... for not having one.

So, I'll just back out of this thread. I wasn't trying to start an argument or controversy, at all.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    You all seem to be totally mis-undersatnding my point.......

I get your point. I think it's silly for a seller to require the "pink permission slip" to purchase their firearm.

But hey... they can require anything they like. They could demand it before they'd sell you a stereo if it made them feel better.

Just move on to a seller with fewer restrictions.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    What's up with people who advertise a long gun (rifle) for sale in our INGO classifieds.......who demand to see a LTCH at the time of the sale?

I own a few handguns, and I've taken some of them to the range to shoot targets. But I have never felt the need to 'carry' in public, as a general rule, and thus, I have never applied for a LTCH. When I lived in Missouri, you could open carry with no LTCH; no permit, etc. I carried a few times there, when actually hunting with a revolver...... but still didn't carry when out and about for 'normal' business and so on.

What about the practice of asking for a relatively current LE 'background check' document? Does anyone here do that? Seems to me like one of those would be just as relevant/legitimate.... and I always have such a document, and am, in fact, bonded (for employment purposes).

I would think a lot of people would get turned off, even pissed off, when there's a gun they want to buy..... but the seller demands to see a LTCH. Am I wrong?

First off, you do realize you need a LTCH to transport guns to the range? Second, I do ask to see a DL and LTCH when I sell a gun. I always put it in my threads as well. I also ask for the buyer to sign a receipt of sale. They get a copy as well. I do not record any information. If the prospective buyer does not like it, he/she is more then welcome to take their money elsewhere. If you buy from a gun shop they ask for ID and you have to fill out a form 4473. People do not ***** about that though. If someone is not willing to show a DL or LTCH, then to me they have something to hide.

GREEN607

Master
    Rating - 99%
    99   1   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    INDIANAPOLIS
    First off, you do realize you need a LTCH to transport guns to the range? Second, I do ask to see a DL and LTCH when I sell a gun. I always put it in my threads as well. I also ask for the buyer to sign a receipt of sale. They get a copy as well. I do not record any information. If the prospective buyer does not like it, he/she is more then welcome to take their money elsewhere. If you buy from a gun shop they ask for ID and you have to fill out a form 4473. People do not ***** about that though. If someone is not willing to show a DL or LTCH, then to me they have something to hide.

See, that's what I was saying..... you all don't understand. It's not that I wouldn't show a seller one....... I've never had one. And I have nothing to hide. I've been buying and selling guns (private sales and new FFL purchases) for years. But it's kind of hard to show something to a seller, tomorrow, that you don't have. Also kind of hard to snatch up a great deal on a rifle, before you can get one. The good deals aren't going to wait, while I go get my LTCH. That was my point......

You can bet I'll be getting one now, as in the next week...cause I'm tired of missing good deals on rifles, because I never saw the need for having a LTCH, since I don't carry in public.

Edited to add: No, when I used to shoot my revolvers at a range....I lived in Missouri. No LTCH needed, for open carry (only a permit for concealed carry). And the Indiana law has changed, recently. You don't need a LTCH to take your pistol to shoot at the range, any longer. Just has to be cased and unloaded.

38special

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Mooresville
    First off, you do realize you need a LTCH to transport guns to the range?

Read again - Rifles. You do *not* need a LTCH to transport a rifle to a range, or anywhere for that matter. You can walk downtown with AR strapped to your back with no LTCH.

That said - I pretty much agree with the general sentiment. Yeah - it sucks. But, you gotta go by the seller's rules. It's their gun.

superjoe76

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 21, 2011
    Allen County

IIRC, you don't need one anymore. I thought Gov Daniels just signed that into law. They have to be unloaded and stored separately from the driver, but you don't need an LTCH to go to the range.

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Mishawaka
    You do not need a LTCH to transport to a range any longer.

IC 35-47-2-1
    Carrying a handgun without a license or by a person convicted of domestic battery; exceptions
    Sec. 1. (a) Except as provided in subsections (b) and (c) and section 2 of this chapter, a person shall not carry a handgun in any vehicle or on or about the person's body without being licensed under this chapter to carry a handgun.
    (b) Except as provided in subsection (c), a person may carry a handgun without being licensed under this chapter to carry a handgun if:
    (1) the person carries the handgun on or about the person's body in or on property that is owned, leased, rented, or otherwise legally controlled by the person;
    (2) the person carries the handgun on or about the person's body while lawfully present in or on property that is owned, leased, rented, or otherwise legally controlled by another person, if the person:
    (A) has the consent of the owner, renter, lessor, or person who legally controls the property to have the handgun on the premises;
    (B) is attending a firearms related event on the property, including a gun show, firearms expo, gun owner's club or convention, hunting club, shooting club, or training course; or
    (C) the person is on the property to receive firearms related services, including the repair, maintenance, or modification of a firearm;
    (3) the person carries the handgun in a vehicle that is owned, leased, rented, or otherwise legally controlled by the person, if the handgun is:
    (A) unloaded;
    (B) not readily accessible; and
    (C) secured in a case;
    (4) the person carries the handgun while lawfully present in a vehicle that is owned, leased, rented, or otherwise legally controlled by another person, if the handgun is:
    (A) unloaded;
    (B) not readily accessible; and
    (C) secured in a case; or
    (5) the person carries the handgun:
    (A) at a shooting range (as defined in IC 14-22-31.5-3);
    (B) while attending a firearms instructional course; or
    (C) while engaged in a legal hunting activity.
    (c) Unless the person's right to possess a firearm has been restored under IC 35-47-4-7, a person who has been convicted of domestic battery under IC 35-42-2-1.3 may not possess or carry a handgun.
    (d) This section may be not construed:
    (1) to prohibit a person who owns, leases, rents, or otherwise legally controls private property from regulating or prohibiting the possession of firearms on the private property;
    (2) to allow a person to adopt or enforce an ordinance, resolution, policy, or rule that:
    (A) prohibits; or
    (B) has the effect of prohibiting;
    an employee of the person from possessing a firearm or ammunition that is locked in the trunk of the employee's vehicle, kept in the glove compartment of the employee's locked vehicle, or stored out of plain sight in the employee's locked vehicle, unless the person's adoption or enforcement of the ordinance, resolution, policy, or rule is allowed under IC 34-28-7-2(b); or
    (3) to allow a person to adopt or enforce a law, statute, ordinance, resolution, policy, or rule that allows a person to possess or transport a firearm or ammunition if the person is prohibited from possessing or transporting the firearm or ammunition by state or federal law.

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    I would think a lot of people would get turned off, even pissed off, when there's a gun they want to buy..... but the seller demands to see a LTCH. Am I wrong?
    Yes. No need to get pissed off over a "want" because if the seller wants to see an LTCH I am not doing business with the dumbass koolaid drinking sheep. He has nothing I want, so I won't be getting pissed off.

So yes, yes you are wrong.

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    You all seem to be totally mis-undersatnding my point....... it's apparently a waste of my time, as you all seem to all have a LTCH already..... and didn't miss out on a nice rifle purchase, as I just did.... for not having one.

So, I'll just back out of this thread. I wasn't trying to start an argument or controversy, at all.
    Karma will bring you a better gun at a better price. It was not your time. :cool:

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    I wonder

Yes. No need to get pissed off over a "want" because if the seller wants to see an LTCH I am not doing business with the dumbass koolaid drinking sheep. He has nothing I want, so I won't be getting pissed off.

So yes, yes you are wrong.

I wonder if insisting that you sign paperwork would put me in the "dumbass koolaid drinking sheep" category, too. If so, sign me up. :):

GREEN607

Master
    Rating - 99%
    99   1   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    INDIANAPOLIS
    Well, I can say this for sure. I never expected to get jumped on the way I have been, for posting this thread. I lived 'away from Indiana' for years..... and gun owners attitudes sure seem to have changed, where "friendly" private sales are concerned. Used to be; knowing a man was a current gun owner/collector, an active benchrest shooter, and normal (albeit conservative) decent working citizen.... that, and a handshake was good enough for most people.

Sad to see everyone has gotten so 'paranoid'. After all, how many felons and "straw-buyers" do you think.....are wanting a rimfire rifle, in Central Indiana?

I Like Firearms

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 6, 2009
    Well, I can say this for sure. I never expected to get jumped on the way I have been, for posting this thread. I lived 'away from Indiana' for years..... and gun owners attitudes sure seem to have changed, where "friendly" private sales are concerned. Used to be; knowing a man was a current gun owner/collector, an active benchrest shooter, and normal (albeit conservative) decent working citizen.... that, and a handshake was good enough for most people.

Sad to see everyone has gotten so 'paranoid'. After all, how many felons and "straw-buyers" do you think.....are wanting a rimfire rifle, in Central Indiana?

I have had plenty of transactions that have asked to see it in a private message but when we get together to do the actual sale of the firearm they never ask for it. The internet makes people paranoid ya know? Anyone could be a felon on here. But id say 98% of us arent! If ya lived in Fort Wayne Id buy it for ya and up sell it for a .02 more ha

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts

I never ask for LTCH when dealing with a friend. Furthermore, I wouldn't even as to see a LTCH OR drivers license from one of the NWI INGO members I have met. I know them now, so I don't need to know.

For you on the otherhand I would. I don't know you from Adam. You could be an immigrant felon working for the ATF. :dunno:

Top Bottom