Speedway area

Bugzilla

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2021
    DeMotte
    Actually a good short article. Very good read. I did not notice the video but I will normally read articles vs viewing videos and don’t look for the video.

Magyars

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Delaware County Freehold
    The Guardian reports that Tesco, with more than 4,000 retail stores, placed buying limits of three cooking oil bottles per customer. It follows Waitrose and Morrisons, other supermarket chains that set limits of just two per customer.

The UK's biggest retailer is experiencing sourcing issues with cooking oil, especially sunflower oil, which much of it comes from Ukraine. As retailers panic about sourcing edible oils, it has driven retail cooking oil prices up an average of 20% over the last year.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The Guardian reports that Tesco, with more than 4,000 retail stores, placed buying limits of three cooking oil bottles per customer. It follows Waitrose and Morrisons, other supermarket chains that set limits of just two per customer.

The UK's biggest retailer is experiencing sourcing issues with cooking oil, especially sunflower oil, which much of it comes from Ukraine. As retailers panic about sourcing edible oils, it has driven retail cooking oil prices up an average of 20% over the last year.
    Wait, "O" butthead says only 7% inflation. :dunno:

We did the math as we track what we spend on food, and it has gone up 25% this year alone.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Having never lived in the city I wonder how much food urban dwellers have available. My oldest son pretty much lived day to day, eating out, having food delivered, and going to the market rarely. Marriage and responsibility have changed him though.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Having never lived in the city I wonder how much food urban dwellers have available. My oldest son pretty much lived day to day, eating out, having food delivered, and going to the market rarely. Marriage and responsibility have changed him though.
    I hope it has.
    He needs food and water set to the side for "just in case", along with some cash.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    But, it would be nice to know, how many fires happen in similar periods of time previously.

After all, we had fires and ambulances at the steel mill all the time.
    We had our own fire dept, and medical department (small injuries)

So, when a fire or injury was enough to make the news, people would act all surprised and ask me questions.
    And I was shrugging my shoulder because it was business as usual.

Granted, I'm sure food processors isn't the same.
    But still, without a baseline....

And how much damage (or fires) is because of overworked workers making mistakes because they are operating with small crews.
    I've seen managers say they don't have enough money for another worker, then blow 10 years of wages on an accident. And then keep up the delusion.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Dems sure seem to be ginning up fears, new covid, food shortages, and Trump. They must think that people will turn to the political machines to take care of them, but that's sort of like going to the Superdome during Katrina.

tim87tr

Freedom lover
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Eastern IL
    Yeah, there’s a calm before the storm currently. I know it’s not perfect, but I think we’re being given time to prepare ourselves now for what’s coming. Buckle up and hold on tight!

Fox news will tank eventually but even controlled opposition can give warnings. You are correct.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    I find it funny (not really) that suddenly we learn that all cooking oil (ok, not really all), a lot of wheat, fertilizer, and other essentials come from Ukraine. What ever happened to the USA famous "amber waves of grain? And did the fertilizer bomb that Tim McVeigh allegedly used come from Ukraine?

For some reason I am guessing that most of this is just like gasoline, with the supply lines here in the USA shut down due to executive orders. Nope, not a coincidence!

Bugzilla

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2021
    DeMotte
    I’ve worked in the grain processing industry for a few years now. I do not recall any major fire or incident that destroyed a plant (edit-a plant for the company I work for). This goes for our other processing facilities also. Globally I don’t recall but there could have been, it’s a large company. As for our North America facilities we are running the plants at capacity and are in different stages of building several new plants in North America. There have been occasional specific equipment failures that would temporarily shut down, or reduce output for a limited time, but that goes for most every industry and is not too common.

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Dems sure seem to be ginning up fears, new covid, food shortages, and Trump. They must think that people will turn to the political machines to take care of them, but that's sort of like going to the Superdome during Katrina.
    Without these fears the masses do not need them.
    Covid my ass. But I still see morons wearing masks. :dunno:

jsx1043

Master
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    To play devil’s advocate, I’m going to try and sit down and glean through the NFPA records for industrial fires resulting in total losses for the last decade or so to compare numbers.

That being said, it sure doesn’t feel right, given what we know about power structure modus operandi.

Oh, and for your daily dose of snarky memes from jsx1043:

AE281599-97D1-4BC0-939B-135DB18C935F.jpeg

Top Bottom