I can't believe what just happened .....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    Those of you that "know" me, know that I work Armed Security. On Sat. & Sun. I do a patrol.

I clocked out at 1901, (7:00 pm, for civilians) anyway, I am driving home, when the phone rings.

It was one of the guys, that I work with, I said hello, and he said, someone called the cops, on me.

I said, did you get pulled over for Driving While Black, again. (jokingly).....

He said no, I am not driving.

I said where are you?

He said still on site.

I said what happened?

He said two patrol cars pulled up, and asked him what he was doing.

He said working. They said that's what we figured.

My buddy said, whoever called, were VERY specific.

The caller said, a suspicious looking Big black man, in a silver Chevrolet.

I said you are going to have to quit that.

He said what?????

I said looking suspicious.....

He said I had to go to the bathroom.

I said well there you go !!!!!

What I think is funny, this guy, has been working for us, for a few months, and just got uniforms, 3-4 days ago .....

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    And there is the fear being multiplied and saturated into the :sheep: by the main stream media.

Yeah, haven't you heard? "They" all riot and kill cops and live off food stamps, embrace the thug life and deal drugs. The media implies it all the time, so it's totally true.

I don't know how long this sort of thing will go on. Maybe folks will always call the cops about the "suspicious black man." I'd like to think not. But with the way things are these days, it will be a while before it gets better.

I was was in a Village Pantry today getting my wife a fountain vanilla Coke. The gas station is one place I always pay extra attention to what's going on. The black gentleman didn't get a second look. The black lady did, because if she looked my way I was going to say hi, as she used to be my neighbor. There were a couple of rednecks and then a crackhead as I was leaving that caught my attention, but that's about it. That's the way it worked out today. Other times it works out differently.

I don't know how to express it, but suspecting someone because their skin color doesn't match yours is mentally lazy. Giving that guy who cooks meth in a trailer out in the county a pass, just because he is white, is really not thinking things through. Worrying about that school teacher who is black is focusing on the wrong potential threat. Yes, the fact that you're a racist is obvious. But beyond that, in terms of situational awareness, you are also flawed. We all to some degree evaluate possible threats, like the woman in the op. And everyone is a potential threat, I suppose. But you're just stupid, frankly, if you only have one factor in your risk matrix, and not a good one at that. Dress, verbal, mannerisms, level of nervousness, hand and eye movements, location, time of day are all important factors to consider in your threat assessment. Color of skin God issued them? Nah.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I look at the things you list in the last part of your post. Body language says so much. Intentions can be very obvious if you are looking.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Yeah, haven't you heard? "They" all riot and kill cops and live off food stamps, embrace the thug life and deal drugs. The media implies it all the time, so it's totally true.

I don't know how long this sort of thing will go on. Maybe folks will always call the cops about the "suspicious black man." I'd like to think not. But with the way things are these days, it will be a while before it gets better.

I was was in a Village Pantry today getting my wife a fountain vanilla Coke. The gas station is one place I always pay extra attention to what's going on. The black gentleman didn't get a second look. The black lady did, because if she looked my way I was going to say hi, as she used to be my neighbor. There were a couple of rednecks and then a crackhead as I was leaving that caught my attention, but that's about it. That's the way it worked out today. Other times it works out differently.

I don't know how to express it, but suspecting someone because their skin color doesn't match yours is mentally lazy. Giving that guy who cooks meth in a trailer out in the county a pass, just because he is white, is really not thinking things through. Worrying about that school teacher who is black is focusing on the wrong potential threat. Yes, the fact that you're a racist is obvious. But beyond that, in terms of situational awareness, you are also flawed. We all to some degree evaluate possible threats, like the woman in the op. And everyone is a potential threat, I suppose. But you're just stupid, frankly, if you only have one factor in your risk matrix, and not a good one at that. Dress, verbal, mannerisms, level of nervousness, hand and eye movements, location, time of day are all important factors to consider in your threat assessment. Color of skin God issued them? Nah.

"Mentally lazy" is a common disease.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    And the guy was uniformed to boot?
    Bet the responding cops were especially annoyed at a frivolous call, especially one that could have made them look prejudiced when they were only being dispatched because of some fool.

Top Bottom