• ...and so much more!
  • Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    I never understood why so many people call for the abolishment of the Second Amendment after a shooting. It's because passion takes over and people lose their senses.

We've had two cases this week. A case where police enticed perverts to come to a house where they believe children would be to have sex with them and now we have this case. An idiot mother starved her 4 year old to death.

With these two very disturbing cases, we have outcry from a group that specializes in protecting a certain right (The 2nd Amendment) to abolish, first the 8th Amendment so that we can torture to death the pedophiles, and now we have outcry to abolish both the 5th and 6th Amendment so that we can just skip the fair, speedy trial, skip due process of the law and simply execute her.

I understand why people clamber for the abolishment of the Bill of Rights. I can't say this without sounding like a jerk, but when you're calling for three of my Rights to be thrown away, I should treat you three times worse than the liberal morons from Chicago who call for my 2nd Amendment right to be taken away. People clamber for the abolishment of our Bill of Rights because they are either cowards or fools. The document is pure, while our justice system may not be. The Rights are NOT the problem.

As Dross pointed out, you can't throw everyone's rights away at the moment the government says you're a criminal and you're under arrest. We have to have a fair trial and one must be found guilty first.

I think many of us tend to forget the entire contents of the Bill of Rights at times (I know I do) in our emotion over a seeming wrong that's thrown in our faces. I'll go further. I've seen many many comments about police malfeasance on this forum. The full truth about that supposed malfeasance (or criminality, if you will) may be known - but it may not be, either. At the State Fair the other day, I ran into a police official I've known for 20 years. He's a former member of IPD, but isn't one now. He had some info on the current IMPD furor. While he couldn't go into detail, if there was "incompetence" over the officer's blood draw, it wasn't the police.

Greg Garrison mentioned on his show, as did a former Bartholomew Country Sheriff on another radio show, that it's almost inconceivable that, with all the various fire, EMS, and ambulance personnel at the scene, that no one would have noticed the police officer involved was drunk. While the police might have tried to cover it up, why would the fire or EMS folks have done so? However, this officer has already been tried by public opinion and the _evidence_ of his guilt hasn't been presented yet.

We get so incensed over perceived wrongdoings of others that we, in the heat of the moment, are willing to overlook the principles that we would defend unto death if we would stop and think about it.

I get angry thinking about how cruel this death was, but thousands of babies - viable babies - are killed every year at their mother's whim. And that is legal. And there are those who will disregard the "right to life" of the baby in favor of a "right to privacy" for the mother. It's "constitutional"'; the SCOTUS said so...

I'm not saying this mother isn't guilty; I'm not saying the IMPD cop isn't guilty of something. I just think it's better that we all step back and let the System do its job. Get upset if the State doesn't prove its case against either of them, if you wish. But remember, at some point, you may wish to have the kind of rights you're ready to deny them right now.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    So now the accusation of a crime and a newspaper's report is sufficient to put a person to death? Just an accusation without supporting evidence?

So if I accuse you of raping little boys, all I need is for a newspaper to report that the accusation has been made and we should see you castrated or locked in a cell for life with a big burly man who wants to make you his (female dog)?

Oh no, there doesn't need to be any trial, no presentation of evidence. You don't need your day in court... You've been accused of it and that's enough.

May God forbid we ever reach that point in our society.

Blessings,
    Bill

You guys are incredible.

The father is responsible for killing the child mentally..... He only serving 5 years? Out in 2.5 as pointed out.

NO JUSTCE SERVED AT ALL; America has NOT PROVEN HER glorious ideal of liberty, unless ofcourse you are a POS baby beating criminal.

The Mother is DIRECTLY responsible for her child dying; A slow and undoubtedly very painful death.

MY DAUGHTER HAS NOT weighed 12lb since she was a new born, but a 4 year old Child.

SHE DOES NOT NEED TO BE CONVICTED OF ANYTHING. THE FACTS ARE THERE, AND I HATE THE THOUGHT OF HER LIVING A SECOND LONGER.

SHE WILL PROBABLY GET OFF WITH SOME INSANITY PLEA, OR SOME BS LIKE THE COP WHO KILLED THE MOTORCYCLIST.

Crimes are always committed, and thanks to American justice system, criminals go free, live and continue.

I am reminded that once again, innocent people have only as much rights as the criminal gives them.
    That once the law is brought into te equation, I can fully expect delusional people to SUPPORT THAT CRIMINALS RIGHTS.

Brett

Marksman
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Jul 13, 2010
    ECI
    My wife is involved with the judicial system and I hear about stories like this all the time. It makes me sick. I look at both prosecutors and judges differently than what I used to. But again, I go back to people who keep electing these morons.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    You guys are incredible.

The father is responsible for killing the child mentally..... He only serving 5 years? Out in 2.5 as pointed out.

NO JUSTCE SERVED AT ALL; America has NOT PROVEN HER glorious ideal of liberty, unless ofcourse you are a POS baby beating criminal.

The Mother is DIRECTLY responsible for her child dying; A slow and undoubtedly very painful death.

MY DAUGHTER HAS NOT weighed 12lb since she was a new born, but a 4 year old Child.

SHE DOES NOT NEED TO BE CONVICTED OF ANYTHING. THE FACTS ARE THERE, AND I HATE THE THOUGHT OF HER LIVING A SECOND LONGER.

SHE WILL PROBABLY GET OFF WITH SOME INSANITY PLEA, OR SOME BS LIKE THE COP WHO KILLED THE MOTORCYCLIST.

Crimes are always committed, and thanks to American justice system, criminals go free, live and continue.

I am reminded that once again, innocent people have only as much rights as the criminal gives them.
    That once the law is brought into te equation, I can fully expect delusional people to SUPPORT THAT CRIMINALS RIGHTS.

You do realize that upon the sworn statement of an LEO, any prosecutor in the state can charge you with the murder of one of your children base solely upon the "facts" alleged therein? The news will then get a copy of that sworn statement and publish the "facts" recited therein. If the judge finds that the evidence in the statement supports a finding of probable cause, you will then be held on the charge.

You really want to surrender all your rights at that point and face summary execution? You think that there has never been a dirty/wrong cop or prosecutor?

I accidentally positive reped your post quoted above. That was NOT why I was clicking on your rep button.

Joe

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    The question wasn't whether the charges were correct. It was if bail was appropriate. In my mind, based upon news reports, it was murder, which is not bailable. So either the prosecutor doesn't have enough evidence to charge murder yet or is pandering to some interest group.

The question was, how is she out on bail? she is out on bail because of what she was charged with.

beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO
    Oh no, there doesn't need to be any trial, no presentation of evidence. You don't need your day in court... You've been accused of it and that's enough.

May God forbid we ever reach that point in our society.

Blessings,
    Bill
    I agree. People can say anything they want but it doesn't make it true. Often times people don't consider the source. A revengeful person can do serious damage to someone over the pettiest little things. Especially if their life is screwed up and they think yours should be to.
    In this case here, there is enough evidence that she should have never been released. Maybe she offerd favors or slept with the judge or giving everyone, well, you know.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    (INDY-BRipple)
    You do realize that upon the sworn statement of an LEO, any prosecutor in the state can charge you with the murder of one of your children base solely upon the "facts" alleged therein? The news will then get a copy of that sworn statement and publish the "facts" recited therein. If the judge finds that the evidence in the statement supports a finding of probable cause, you will then be held on the charge.

You really want to surrender all your rights at that point and face summary execution? You think that there has never been a dirty/wrong cop or prosecutor?

I accidentally positive reped your post quoted above. That was NOT why I was clicking on your rep button.

Joe

BOR, Fargo, you both bring up good points.

Positive reps earned.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    BOR, Fargo, you both bring up good points.

Positive reps earned.

Thank you. It's easy to get swept up in revenge... I'm a Dad, and I would shed no tears if something terrible befell someone who has injured a child intentionally... But I'm not going to go so far as to deny them their rights under the law. Nothing extra, nothing special, nothing but what everyone else gets: Their day in court to present their defense. If I've given you something to think about, cool. I think we both want the same thing: Justice. We just have to differentiate that from Vengeance.

Have a nice night.

Blessings,
    Bill

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    (INDY-BRipple)
    Thank you. It's easy to get swept up in revenge... I'm a Dad, and I would shed no tears if something terrible befell someone who has injured a child intentionally... But I'm not going to go so far as to deny them their rights under the law. Nothing extra, nothing special, nothing but what everyone else gets: Their day in court to present their defense. If I've given you something to think about, cool. I think we both want the same thing: Justice. We just have to differentiate that from Vengeance.

Have a nice night.

Blessings,
    Bill

You both, caused me to look at this from a different perspective. I was overly emotional on this topic, for reasons I'd rather not talk about.

Im grateful for the posts, sometimes it helps to have cooler heads.

John Galt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 18, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    This didn't just "happen" in a instant, as most murders do. This child died over a very lengthy period, where were the parents? Again, this travesty occurred over a lengthy period of time! While I firmly believe that our rights have to be recognized and this woman is innocent until proven guilty, something seems amiss in this case. A child died. Horribly. And the death was preventable in so many instances. To me, this is as much murder as if it had happened in an instant and it does not seem "right" for this woman to be out on such low bail for such a charge. A swift trial, followed by a swift, APPROPRIATE application of true justice based on the verdict of the jury needs to be applied.

downzero

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2010
    This didn't just "happen" in a instant, as most murders do. This child died over a very lengthy period, where were the parents? Again, this travesty occurred over a lengthy period of time! While I firmly believe that our rights have to be recognized and this woman is innocent until proven guilty, something seems amiss in this case. A child died. Horribly. And the death was preventable in so many instances. To me, this is as much murder as if it had happened in an instant and it does not seem "right" for this woman to be out on such low bail for such a charge. A swift trial, followed by a swift, APPROPRIATE application of true justice based on the verdict of the jury needs to be applied.

Justice is a sham. What we really should be concerned about is punishment if this woman is guilty, and using her as an example to prevent this from ever happening again (deterrence).

There can be no "justice." Justice would have been preventing the death of a little girl.

Armed Eastsider

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    What a joke. The "father" beat the boy to the point of permanently disabling him and he is serving 5 years. Yeah that will teach em! How about death by hanging? Or since thats too "cruel" atleast give him life in prison without the possibility of parole, ever. It seems like you have to kill 10 people to get that sentence.

Same goes for the mother. Our justice system is a JOKE. She will get a slap on the wrist.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Maybe there should be a breeding license....:rolleyes:

Strongly oppose. I know you're being sarcastic.

I say I dont give money, Hornydel can attest to this..

You are butchering his screen name, more than just this time.

We need to push away from the mentality that a criminal is worthy of rights; Rights he never afforded the victim.

No, we need to push away from the mentality that the Government is something that can be trusted. Without the trial process, Government will run amok and do whatever it pleases, to the guilty and to the innocent.

No trial is needed. They DO NOT DESERVE RIGHTS AS A CRIMINAL.

Deserve's got nothing to do with it.

Ohhhh Jake..... You do not know how wrong you are..... People who violate other peoples Rights, deserve to have rights....... I guess that's some new form of American ideology.

Sounds like liberalism has perverted America beyond belief, thank a Neocon.

No, right to a trial is as old as America. For more info, see the United States Bill of Rights.

Your understanding of rights is pretty skewed. Rights are inherent. Nobody gives them to you; not Government and not bad guys. Rights cannot be given, they can only be violated.

Anyone who violates the rights of another should be put on trial.

The parent who violated her child's right to life should be put on trial.

The Government who denies a defendant their 8th Amendment rights should also be put on trial.

That's how it works.

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    I noticed this, too. It's really not cool, NHV.

I don't think it was an accident. In a similar thread there was a guy arguing with Fletch who called him Feltch. I guess it's a new tactic, but I fail to see why they are doing it, it just looks foolish when you can't say the name of your opponent in a debate.

Fortunately, my screen name can't easily be turned into something funny sounding.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    I've had a few funny names directed my way before, from other people. That's okay, you would laugh if you knew where this name came from. I know I do. LOL

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    I don't think it was an accident. In a similar thread there was a guy arguing with Fletch who called him Feltch. I guess it's a new tactic, but I fail to see why they are doing it, it just looks foolish when you can't say the name of your opponent in a debate.

You're the second person who's said this to me today.
    Fletch really has a loyal fan following.
    Just you all remember, I call "shotgun". :D

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    (INDY-BRipple)
    Is the name that really a big deal? hmmmm, if he is offended, than I will gladly not offend him.

I really didnt think I was hurting his feelings, I know it doesnt bother me when I've had an INGO poster refer to me as Nordi*k, I thought it was funny, immature but funny.

Some times it's good to have alittle comedy relief; I didnt think he would, nor anyone else would take it so seriously.

Knife Lady

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Central USA
    Just simply pathetic for anyone human to allow anyone to injure or be cruel to a child. This is being truly evil. Only 5 years for brutally beating a child to make him handicapped and then the poor thing died from starvation. Both parents should never see daylight again and they should both die in prison from starvation but aonly after a few big guys beat the father to a pulp and leave him to die with no medical attention. I dont care if I sound cold hearted. There is no excuse for this action.
    I am so glad the kid is in heaven and out of pain now. He never asked to be born and sure didnt deserve the way he lived or died. Starve the parents.

Top Bottom